Best cities to live in Croatia

Hi,

It's not always easy to decide in which area to settle in when moving to Croatia. According to you, what are the best cites to live in?

Which regions offer most of the job opportunities, a good quality of life, an affordable cost of living?

Share with us the cities you would recommend to expats and soon-to-be expats in Croatia.

Thank you in advance,

Julien

My first stopping off point in Croatia was Rijeka,  love affair at first sight.   Cannot recommend enough.  Rented an affordable wee farm house in the hills above the city.   The locals embraced me.  I had more friends than I ever had in NYC (MY HOME TOWN)  ,  Brussels or London.    If you want a place to call home ,  move to Rijeka.    You will never be disappointed! !!   Alas,  met my.husband on line 2 years ago and moved to his home town in Split.    I could be living in Nepal.    Sadly So different!

I too lived in Rijeka/Opatia/Icici for 2-3 years before assuming a practice from a departing colleague.
Then to the Metropolis, Zagreb. And it's a "big city" that suits this old boy fine.
But Split.....ah heavenly places north and south of Split, as well as Split itself.
I love Croatia!