Keen interest in eastern/central Algarve

Hi everyone

My name is Stu and my partners name is Hayley.
We are a grown up coup!e In our early 50s with kids that have flown the nest and are doing their own thing.
I am an elevator engineer and Hayley has a vast array of different experience In all sorts from pub management to beauty treatment.
My hobbies are motorbikes and Hayleys include photography and nail art.
Its a cliché, but we have visited Portugal several times and would love to live there, particularly eastern algarve.
Any honest advice on good places to live and enjoy life there without the pitfalls would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hello:
What do you have in mind?
Just a name of a city? Tavira is nice
A house to buy? a Flat?
It is always dificult to find long term houses or flats to rent.

I dont work to a real estate agency, don't worry.
Helena

Hello thanks for replying , we stayed in Tavira twice last year and realy enjoyed it.
We are looking at buying a 2 bedroom flat or preferably a house if the budget can stretch to it.
We liked tavira and went to manta rota for a day which looked great.
We also visited portimao which was ok and we have friends in tunes.
We love the country and have plans to be there for long holidays at first and then with a plan to be there perminantly.
I am in the process of selling our house to finance this.
I've always thought that it would save time and perhaps money if I could get information from people that live the life and know the country!
( obviously, a slap up meal would be forthcoming for helping us haha)

Stu & Hayley

Hi Stu & Hayley .
Why not do a Winter rental for a few  months and see how you like it . *** You really need to  visit a property in the Winter to make sure it is water tight and not too exposed to the elements . Wind and rain can be a factor  in the Winter .

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : No free ads please - post your housing offer only in the housing section
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi everybody,

Please note that we have removed some posts from this thread.

Thanks

Priscilla

Thank you Priscilla for keeping this forum a fun and advertising-free place to share :-)

HI THERE

Don't know much about Algarve
but just a friendly note

my housekeeper in London is from there and she raves about it

and goes there often on weekends.

I guess they are quite friendly.  and if you keep your desires uppermost in your thought chamber, you will happen upon the most dazzling situations.

Thank you Shiraly

Hi Shiraly, congratulations, you must pay your housekeeper very well for her to fly from London to Faro OFTEN for the weekend  :-)

Stu & Hayley, how is your home hunting going? have you narrowed it down to an area yet? It took us several house hunting trips to find where we wanted to be..... Tavira was terrific, you are right although we will probably end up a bit north-west of Faro.

Hi, My name is Susie and my husband is named Gus. We move to Estoi in the East Algarve about 18 months ago. We live just outside the small village of Estoi. Very friendly people but an older generation hence not a lot of English spoken. Hope you are not going to be looking for work because the economy is dead. Beautiful sunny day today. Good luck. Susie.