Still in planning and thinking stage. Want to get familiar with Beliz

Hello.  Just in the stage of thinking of becoming expatriate in retirement and Belize is my first choice although I am also exploring a couple of other options.  Quiet, laid back kind of person.  Love people.  Strong Christian but don't force belief on others.  Just looking for a peaceful, quiet, laid back kind of place where I can have privacy and paint and write and make friends with others my age who like similar things to be my "family" while I am away from my "family."

Hi serenityplace, welcome on Expat-blog! :)

Do not hesitate to come and share your expat experience with us.

I wish you good luck,

All the best,
Christine

Hi Serenityplace! Belize sounds perfect for you. Hope you find what you're looking for.

Sharon

Keep researching and finding out information.  I moved to Belize 5 years ago. I have never regretted it.  It sounds like a place you would find your peace and friendship.  I would be happy to answer any questions you may have. My email address is leerainforest at gmail.com

Hi Guys

I am retired, and looking to relocate to another place where the pollution is low, the birds are colourful and the fruit and veggies plentiful.
I am currently living in Thailand and whilst the place has a lot of things going for it, there are also some drawbacks, like most places I guess.
What I would really like is some down to earth info on cost of living, good and bad things about Belize so that I can decide if it should be shortlisted for a permanent location.Is it possible to become a resident, acquire a new passport etc. Bottom line is all info is welcome as there are many things to consider before moving to the other side of the world.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Regards Bahter

Please contact me at leerainforest at gmail.com

Check out the Dan Ignacio area IT IS A NICE LAYED BACK AREA.

I think Katz30 meant "San Ignacio", lol!  And it is beautiful. We liked the Bullet Tree Village about 5 minutes outside of San Ignacio - right on the river.  The Hummingbird Highway is gorgeous too, but very, very remote - depends what you're looking for! 

You can become a permanent resident after one year, and a citizen after five years, but in the beginning you can just visit immigration monthly and have your passport stamped and pay a small fee. Very easy to move here compared to some other countries!

Good luck!