Apartment rental for Cuenca over the Christmas holiday

Hi Cuenca Expats,
I have been reading many of your blogs for the past 6 months.  My husband and I are coming to Cuenca on Dec 21st to visit, hoping that it will be the place we would like to live. 
I have been in touch with Cuenca Real Estate about a rental, but now that we are getting close to December I am concerned because I cannot reach the agent by phone and no emails have been answered.  Just wrote to another agency - Ecuadorcentral.  Was wondering if anyone in Cuenca would be interested in renting an apt fom Dec 21 to Jan 7th?  Or perhaps can pass on the name of a person to contact?  I am in Prague so it is a little hard to call, but my husband is in Denver which is closer to your time zone.  I haven't given up hope completely of hearing from the real estate folks, but sure would like to know we have a place to stay.    We have really enjoyed your blogs - - looking forward to crossing your paths in Cuenca!   Cody H

Welcome to the forum codyhamilton :):)

Thanks, Yud.  Would you know of a reliable real estate person in Cuenca I could contact?     Cody

Try Hotel Americano.  No apartments, but a small residential hotel just 9 blocks (15 minute walk) from el centro.  Meals available or you can use the kitchen.  [email protected]  I spent a month there last fall and really enjoyed my stay.  Will be back in February.

Dear Cody,

I may be a bit late in finding this post but if you still need a responsive rental agency, I can help.  (moderated: no ads please)
Send me an email and I will see if what I can find for you.

Regards,

Benjamin