Five weeks in Heredia, Costa Rica

Hello everyone,  i will be arriving on February 2 and renting a place in Heredia as my base.  What would be a good place to meet expats in Heredia?  Are there any groups of expats and ticos that meet regularly to practice English/Spanish?  I'm fluent in both and could therefore help ticos and expats both.  My interests are yoga, meditation, cultural activities, i.e. concerts, theatre, the visual arts, foreign films, and of course traveling around the country, which I hope to do.  I also lead a healthy lifestyle and like to eat fresh, organic foods and lots of fruits and vegetables.  Any guidance/tips would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Kat
I live in Heredia Hills
I LOVE this area and would like to meet you maybe for lunch ir coffee as I have lived her MANY years still young at heart...so email me at

Even though most of our areas are safe I hope you rent a place that you can leave alone?? to travel..That is why my tenants like living n my little farm cos I have a live in Gardener/guard ,,always a good feeling and a couple of tenants  in my extra 2 apartments ...so not too lonely :))
Deb

Moderated by Naomi 8 years ago
Reason : Do not post your contact details for security reasons.Please exchange them in private messages.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi Deb, thanks for replying so soon.  I'm renting a private room in a house right in downtown Heredia, so traveling around shouldn't be a problem.  Sure, I'd love to meet you for coffee or...?  I'll email you at your private email address when I get in. 
Kat

Hi Deb, I'm in Heredia now.  How do I contact you in private?

@kat579

Use the PM system. Click on the persons avatar, then on 'send message.