Tripadvisor is a good review site, isn't it?

I have stayed in hanoi for a few month. But, i don't know more information about this place. I choose Tripadvisor as a book guide but it's not good enough for me. So i'm very scared. Is anybody like me?

Hello

You may also check out Expat Guide as a referral.

Why scared? You feel insecure?

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com

i think Tripadvisor quiet reliable. Did you contact to Trip advisor? to see what they say?? I think they will give you an option to tell them what you think as well.

Rgs

Agree 100% - far to many people rely solely or excessively on what is written on Trip Advisor.

The very best advice for any visitor to a new city (or place) is ask a local.

In this day and age access to locals is easier than it has ever been.

Finally - write or blog about your own experiences - that way you will be of valuable assistance to others.

Enjoy Hanoi!!    :-)

Thank you so much! I scared because according guide in tripadvisor, i went to eat at a restaurant which has many good review with my friend but it's very disappointed about food, ambience and service. So i need to more trust information because i usually eat out.

There is nothing to be scare here. If you found that the quality of the food and service in the restaurant you went to was not at the standard you expect or you have read. Just raise your voice. And please be specific. what made you disapointed (food is not tasty, food serve cold, wait for too long for food (how long?), staff did not pay attention to you, restaurant were empty or has too many guest. If the food is too bad or if you feel you have paid too much for meal (no value), raise your voice and you can ask for refund.
From my own experience, Tripadvisor is a good page with reliable information. If any recommendation, continue with Tripadvisor. A meal at a restaurant should not stop you from your search!
Good luck with your next choice.

Thank you for your advice!!!