How to approach job market as a female?

Hi all,

I am posting as I am about to graduate and my partner has for the last 6 months been setting up for us in Bahrain working as a Civil Engineer.

I am looking for work but have no idea on where to start.  I am very interested in teaching but do not have a TEFL or a teaching qualification, I have lots of experience in secretarial work and am also interested in real estate.

I'm aware these are all very different careers but would very much appreciate any advice on how best to approach the job market as a female coming over for the first time to the Middle East.

Thank you in advance
Ellie

There is a job section on here you could look at, I've not been on it but there must be jobs in those fields on there. Also websites will be the best way of finding others if your not in the country your looking in. Im sure someone else will give better advice but its a start :)

Hello eldridgeblackburn92 :)

I invite you to read the work section of the Living in Bahrain guide to gather as much info as possible.

Also browsing the forum by categories may help!

You may also drop a resume of your cv in the Jobs in Bahrain section of the site for better visibility to the employment world.

Wishing you all the best in your job hunt :top:

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com

Hi Ellie,

Familiarize yourself with job hunting sites like  INDEED & BAYT. You can also see the daily gulf news online at  http://www.gdnonline.com/GroupSection/News (classifieds / situations vacant).

I can say personally that catching a job here in Bahrain for women is not so hard. I am sure you will get a job in no time.  :top:  Bahrain is an open country and everybody has a free will / rights, such as getting a driving license compare to other country in Middle East that women's are not allowed to drive a car.

Starting is always hard, but it will benefit you in a long run and it will give you a lot of experience & learnings. So chin up and stay confident. :one:top:
Good Luck!

Cheers! :gloria
Lhulu