Please give me more info

Dear James,

Hope to find you well,as i told you that 2 weeks ago i have married with brazilian spouse.i went
to policia federal office in chapeco city (Santa Catarina State) to apply my permanent residency yesterday.But they said they cannot accept my case to start process of permanency because 1300 Haitians had arrived here in chapeco city,so due to rush of Haitians we are unable to accept your case,they said they are busy to issue refugee protocol to these foreigners.Furthermore they said
you need to make an appointment to apply your permanent residency procedure.

They gave me appointment of 26th of April 2016.But i am worried about the validity of my police
clearance certificate because before 26th of April 2016 it will be expired.No doubt its valid now,its
legalized by Brazil embassy in my home country and here in Brazil translated in portugese language.

i am confused about validity of this certificate,Please tell me what will be happened if it will be expired.Another thing its not easy for me to make it again.One thing more all declaration letters
will also be expired which i have made here in Brazil now regarding to comprovente de residencia,
declaracao que eu nao foi seperada pra minha esposa aqi no brasil,declaracao que eu nunca faz
crime aqui no brasil.

i will be really thankful to you if you explains about these factors in details.

Hello Saim Chaudhary,

Don't worry about the PCC, once it has been legalized by the Consulado-Geral do Brasil in the country where it was issued, then it retains its validity. Just make sure that it is also authenticated (stamped) by your country's Consulate here in Brazil or you the Min. of Foreign Affairs back home, that's very important.

Regarding the Declarations, they aren't a problem they aren't time sensitive and the Federal Police will be ok. Just go back on the date they've given you and get processed then.

Meanwhile, don't worry about your visa status once you are legally married then you are legal in the country regardless of your visa status. The Federal Police are required to accpet application for permanency in cases of marriage or Brazilian child regardless of visa status. Also in your case because THEY have given you an appointment date you cannot be charged any overstay fine either.

I haven't heard anything about 1300 Haitians arriving in Chepeco before now, would really like more information on that if you have it. Maybe you could post a separate topic on that.

Cheers,
James
expat.com Experts Team

Dear James,

Thanks a lot for these useful information.You really great person,,,May God bless you