Finding work when arriving

Family of four from Canada looking to move to Mexico. Got some information and it looks like we would be getting the temp resident visa. Also looking to purchase a house there. I was wondering, since visa has to be updated every four years (but don't have to wait that long as we were advised), when and how can an adult start working there? Example; own business, hotel, etc..

Thank you.

That would be a Mexican Consulate near you that you apply for a Visa

Your first Temporal Visa will be for one year.  After that you can renew for 1,2 or 3 years.  After 4 years on Temporal you have to go Permanente which you don't renew

Thank you. It's a couple of hours away to go see the consulate again. I can't remember what they said about the question but I think that it was along the lines of having to apply for a work visa..or permit or something.

Ask your Mexican consulate or Embassy. Expect to leave and message and they will call you back. On your phone message leave best time for return calls. It is very unlikely you will get someone on the phone. They like to return calls not take calls. I teach English as a second language here in San Luis Potosi, MX so I have a work permit. Owning a business is different. Also, try Google. Mexico is not a lot different than Canada and USA in terms of government process. The Mexicans are actually more organized than USA and the Embassy staff far smarter and nicer.

Once you have a Visa you can convert it to a working Visa.  But to start off with a working Visa you need a job offer and a cooperative employer that will work with Immigration

Thank you very much. I will look further into this in the near future.