Which bank to go with in HK

Hi,

I'm trying to decide what bank to go with in HK...the internet isn't shedding too much light on this topic. 

I assuming that all banks charge their customers some ridiculous fee for using another bank's atm.  Can someone please confirm if that is correct and if so, which bank has the largest number of atm's so as to avoid such a fee?

Also, if I have to make regular payments back to another country, what bank is most convenient to do so with minimal fees?

Many thanks!
Stevo

I think most offer about the same level of service, but if you want a totally safe, internationally known bank, then it has to be HSBC of course. You can't go far wrong with them. HSBC is what the slogan says... "The World's Local Bank!!"

I am from Miami (USA) and i have been in Hong Kong for the past 3 years im with bank Of China. Only had to put a small amount in to have an account. JW

Hi,

I recommend the Hangseng Bank and Bank of China. You can find their ATMs in almost any MTR station.

without thinking twice, HSBC for expats.
:)

HBSC is really bad, I suggest going with
Bank of China.

Well there are very few City Banks around Hong Kong. HBSC and Bank Of China are everywhere. JW

hi
i have a good business plan for in hong kong
but how to get financing if u dont live yet in hong kong?

Hi Vincent Lucien,

Please note that this thread is a bit old.. 2011 :)

Feel free to start a new topic with all your questions on the Hong Kong Forum please :)

Thank you

Maximilien

sorry,
but i m new,and i looking for finacing in hong kong

Hi Vincent Lucien,

If you are looking for work in the Finance sector i suggest you post your resume in the Finance job offers in Hong Kong section please

Best of luck

Thank you

Maximilien

HSBC has the worst arrive and ultra long waiting time. I would opt for standard chartered or citibank. By the only good thing about HSBC is they have lots of ATM everywhere and you can also use Hangseng bank ATM without extra charge. For me I keep two accounts in different bank HSBC will be only for withdrawal to save me time to queue up if there's any problem in the bank.