How expensive is living in Dubai?

I would be interested in renting a 1 bedroom in the main city.  I don't know exactly where yet because I don't know where my job would be,  I heard it it about 40k for a decent place.  Is it really this expensive?  I also heard most place want the full year rent up front.

Yes yankee, The cost of living in Dubai is very High.
1 bedroom in the main city is about AED30k to 40k. Some of those working in Dubai, choose to live in Sharjah as rents are cheaper there. Dubai - Sharjah is about a 1 hour drive, Beware of Traffic!!!! Rents are usually accepted in Quarterly/Halfyearly/Annual basis.
- Anita

hi,

i had been offered a job in dubai Dh 8000 Pm + Accomodation + travel, can u just let me know how good is this package to servive with a family of 2 people.

what are average expencess for a normal veg diet person.
what should more be aske while negosiating with my principle

Make sure the accommodation is acceptable to you - find out exactly what they are offering.
Accommodation is the big expense, so if the company provides that you can live on the salary and save a good percentage of it. Food is not expensive.

hi there,
Because of International City Dubai accommodation is really much expensive most of the outside workers living there with share accommodation. estimated rental for month is 1200 AED to 2500 AED for single bedroom apartment.