5 women die as car driven by one of them overturns - Saudi

Not sure if you had seen this article?

Yup.

http://arabnews.com/saudiarabia/article197704.ece

RIYADH: Five Saudi women died in a car accident at Al-Thumama Park northeast of Riyadh on Saturday.

According to police sources, there were 11 women in the vehicle, all in their 20s, and the dead women included the driver.

The women were in a large four-by-four that overturned after crashing into a sand barrier. The vehicle was being driven at high speed when the accident happened. “Six victims were rushed to a nearby hospital for treatment. The women suffered multiple injuries. Some of the injured have already left hospital after receiving treatment,” said Fawaz Al-Maiman, spokesman for Riyadh police.

Al-Maiman added that those who died were thrown out of the vehicle. He said that the women were driving for fun.

The family was enjoying Eid Al-Adha holidays camping at the popular Al-Thumama Park.

It is common to see Saudi women driving cars in remote areas outside Riyadh.

Men usually allow their daughters to drive in the desert, as women are forbidden from driving in Saudi cities.

The bodies of all five women were laid to rest at Al-Oud Cemetery in Riyadh.

Funeral prayers for the women at King Khaled Mosque in the Um Al-Hamam neighborhood east of Riyadh were well attended.

yeah, saw it yesterday.

Very sad to hear that.

Oh lord.. That is devastating.. That should teach saudi gornment a lesson; they should start letting women drive in normal roads so that they could become better drivers.

Very sad news.........

Oh :( this is a very sad news!

Very sad NEWS

fOR THE GENERAL MASSES, IT IS BETTER FOR WOMEN NOT TO DRIVE PERIOD.

Sorry Mr. Orthdox Muslim.  It is against my better judgement to even respond to this because I think you are just trying to provoke people. But your statement screams ignorance.  Driving is a skill that both women and men can master, there is no denying this.  Only limitation is cultural.  Nuf said.

CivEngr wrote:

Sorry Mr. Orthdox Muslim.  It is against my better judgement to even respond to this because I think you are just trying to provoke people. But your statement screams ignorance.  Driving is a skill that both women and men can master, there is no denying this.  Only limitation is cultural.  Nuf said.

:top::top::top:

CivEngr wrote:

Good one

and we should not bother to feed the troll :/

Orthodox Muslim wrote:

fOR THE GENERAL MASSES, IT IS BETTER FOR WOMEN NOT TO DRIVE PERIOD.

Come on man, thats very rude! Its just a urban legend that women drive bad! And like with anything, it can be used for good, and bad. It all depends upon the person. If he /she decides to misuse technology, they still can. Thats why we are given choice and free will!

@everybody else: everybody is entitled to their opinion, just as long as they dont start pushing it on others. Take it if you want, else leave it outside.

Cheers!

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a112/daedalusnj/dont-feed-the-troll.jpg

^^ HA!HA!HA!

I second that!  :top:

Come on man, thats very rude! Its just a urban legend that women drive bad! And like with anything, it can be used for good, and bad.

That's in-line with Islamic teachings. As for women driving, as a women myself, getting a driver's license is chaos! It is better to have them at home.

Orthodox Muslim wrote:

Come on man, thats very rude! Its just a urban legend that women drive bad! And like with anything, it can be used for good, and bad.

That's in-line with Islamic teachings. As for women driving, as a women myself, getting a driver's license is chaos! It is better to have them at home.

I'm confused, are you male/female or neither??
Your profile is male, you describe yourself as a Muslim woman but you also refer to women as "they" :unsure

Perhaps you should take some time away to think about who you really are before before making unnecessarily incendiary comments :)

a troll is an 'it' ;)

Orthodox Muslim wrote:

As for women driving, as a women myself, getting a driver's license is chaos! It is better to have them at home.

zara777 wrote:

I'm confused, are you male/female or neither??
Your profile is male, you describe yourself as a Muslim woman but you also refer to women as "they" :unsure

Perhaps you should take some time away to think about who you really are before before making unnecessarily incendiary comments :)

identity crisis.

very bad news walla

eastmagic wrote:

very bad news walla

ya both the news are bad :(

i agree