Learning Arabic in Qatar

Hi all
I am a UK national first language English and living in Qatar I am looking at learning arabic for beginners. Just wondered if anyone is doing this at present or has any advice on where is best to start researching this further?
Thanks All

Welcome to the forum ExpUK,

I hope members from there, will bring their contributions soon :)

Regards!

it looks a great adea ,,,but is it feasible also,,, mean being practical can we do this?in a group format?

Hi ExpUK,

you can find at FANAR, Islamic cultural center. They give arabic classes for beginners.

Hi I can help you with Arabic for free, I am not a professional though! just buy a book and I can help you in my free time which is a lot because I am new in Doha so have nothing much to do hehe, drop me a line

edit: oh this post is so old! are you even still in Doha

Hi Amilia and ExpUK,

Is Fanar also holding classes? I was suppose to go to Hamad Bin Khalifa Univeristy near Al Rayyan. But I will check FANAR.
The classes in HBK Univ will be on September so I have a little more time. I don't know if I will be still here in September. I am planning to move to UAE. I have to check FANAR to start the class ASAP. But I am doing meet up classes for Spanish Maybe you guys like to join. There are Arabic lessons as well. It would be cool. We usually meet at MBCo. or Salam Mall , the Gate.

Seriously?!?!! 4 languages??? teach me German then! haha
The Arabic it's confirmed hahaha. I will be a student. hahaha
We will schedule that.

Cheers!

Mareeza06004, I think that Fanar will start arabic classes in september or october.

Oh same with Hamad Bin Khalifa? Anyways, It will still be ok.
Did you go there to enquire? Let me know if you're going I wanna join you.

Thanks for the info :)