Moving to Lagos

Hello, i am Greek currently living in Malta and have a great work offer in Lagos. I am currently doing my research as i also did before moving to Malta. The main difference is that for Malta all blogs,websites etc where stating almost the same things. for Lagos on the other hand i find very contrdicting data. Some say its safe, other say its an abduction paradise... So i thought i might ask locals (real and expats) about their experiences.
So, is Lagos safe to move with fiancee and... dog? :-)
Any specific things that should be taken care of ?
Thank you in advance!
Have a happy new year!

I am Nigerian.. I have lived in Ukraine and Visited Canada before.. And i am willing to relocate to Malta this year.. I Just saw your post about moving to Nigeria.. Maybe we could be friends so we can share some experience together .. My name is sola..  Are you in Nigeria now ?

Hi,

I am Ajay From India living in lagos since 2 years i came here on April 2014 before i planned to come to Nigeria i explorer many things about Nigeria regarding its safety, economy & health services and the result i found its was hilarious but as i was getting a good offer i decided to come and i get my self ready for all kind of challenges. 

Initially i get some problem to be settle down in lagos but later on get use of this environment i enjoyed my stay and few things in Nigeria about safety is you have to be little careful about your movement like late night or other things but rest all in all you can enjoy your life.

if, you need any help let me know,

thanks
Ajay Sharma