New members of the Papua New Guinea forum, introduce yourself here – 2016

Hi all,

Newbie on the Papua New Guinea forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Papua New Guinea if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

PD : The thread New members of the Papua New Guinea forum, introduce yourself here – 4th quarter of 2015 continues below!

Hi everyone. I'm Sskmyn, just started working in Port Moresby.
I would like to meet new friends here.
I'm interested in playing tennis, yoga, scuba diving and kayak.
If you have any information, please let me know.

Welcome, if you also play badminton let me know, I can invite you to join our games every Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday's

Hey All,
Planning to come to Port Moresby to join my hubby who works there..
Iam from Melbourne...Iam a makeup artist...my interest are traveling, reading, love Pilates and trying to get my behind to the gym as much as possible!
Hope to bump into someone from this group in POM :))
👍🏼

Hi Guys and Gals,

I am new here. I will be moving to PNG soon for work, So wondering what is it like in PNG Port Moresby .  :D

Hi there...
I'm Ady from Malaysia...
Currently in Lae PNG... nothing much to share except that i was initiated to PNG by diagnosed with malaria early this year hahahaha...

Hi and welcome to PNG.

I am from Port Moresby and would happily be friends. Have you settled in well? Do you need any assistance with anything?

Hi I'm from PNG. I live in Port Moresby but I love travelling to other provinces for a getaway. I have been to a few beautiful places in PNG. Who's into travelling around PNG? Let's be travel buddies.

Hi Bro,

I've been here in PNG since last  as of now i don't have any bad experience in POM.
POM is a nice country rich in many thing.
The best way to make you safe in PNG is to stay at home at night. There's no night life in PNG.
and during the day always lock the door of your car.

cheers!

I Beg to differ. Me and my expat friends go to Lamana and Cosmopolitan. As long as you do not wander off to places like Morauta/ Gerehu you'll be fine. I would urge you to make friends with locals.

Hi!

I'm Rams. I'm presently looking at a job offer in Port Moresby for the position of staff nurse. I'm hoping to talk to fellow nurses working there.

Hoping to hear from you.

Hey guys! I'm moving to Lae next week and looking to meet up with any Expats in Lae. Keen for some golf or any sport really, as well as hiking or weekend trips away.
Send me a message if you're in Lae and keen to meet up for a beer or something.

Hi All,
I moved to Moresby a couple weeks ago for a two year secondment. Mainly I've been getting used to the heat (I moved from Canberra so the temperature change is a bit of a shock to the system!)... and yesterday I discovered I have malaria, just as a nice welcome to country present!
Anyway, once I am over the malaria I'm interested in any form of weekend activity - particularly beaches; I can't get over how much potential ela beach has to be really quite beautiful and yet it is completely filthy and unswimmable. I have been told theres a number of nice beaches in the areas around POM and am super keen to explore but don't want to do it by myself... both out of safety concerns and pure loneliness!
Also interested in any other form of activity... basically I want to make sure I make the most of the two years that I am here and really get to know the place as much as possible.
Cheers
Todd

Hi Todd,
I am a local from Port Moresby. Yes there are many nice beaches around pom. If you are interested, private mail me and we can seduce a weekend activity. Our people are very friendly and my family is always ready and willing to assist and make new friends.
Are you also into any type of sport? Tennis, badminton, squash, footsal?

Hi there - that would be great! I am definitely keen to check out some beaches and/or explore a little 😃
Let me see how I feel vis a vis the malaria over the next few days and ill be in touch!
I don't mind a hit of tennis or squash, though to be honest I don't think id be able to handle something like that in the heat just yet... its quite a shock to the system moving from Canberra!

OK great

Hi everyone, Im Melia Rose.. from Malaysia..Not an expat in PNG and not going there as well. ***

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : No free ads here please + register in the business directory

Hi there,
Have you meet a friend already?

Contact me if you still need a friend in Port Moresby

Regards.
Jonah

Hi I am a Filipino expat here in POM hope to meet new friends here.

Hi Oliver,
Good to hear from you.
Am from PNG and working in Pom.
PNG lifestyle is just like Philippines and you can enjoy your stay here.
Most of my friends and work mates are Filipinos.
Hope you find

Hi everyone Shimar here,

Just moving to POM as an expat and looking forward to this new adventure.

My gf will join me in a couple of months, till then just looking for an outlet to further my interests of badminton, football etc etc.

Huge fan of trying new things, and hope to get my diving license in a few weeks too!

I will be in and out of the country in the next few weeks as my expat work visa comes through, but would be nice to establish contact with people on this forum!

have a great day guys!

Shimar

PNG is beautiful.

You will enjoy your stay.
People are friendly few are aggressive but afterall they respect one another.

Hope you will enjoy

Regards.
JONAH

Hello All!

I am here in PNG since last December 23. I am located in Port Moresby.

Welcome to Port Moresby.
Am from PNG and I wish you all the best in your daily activities.

cheers

where in POM you are located kabayan?

My GPS says I'm near John Guise Dr. I'm near Kitogara St & Kouka Pl.

How about you kabayan?

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=640244

Thanks!

Closed