Legal Advice Needed

I was sent back to the UK last month for medical treatment by my employer,Im still on my Probation and because i won't be fit to return to work after a serious accident in KSA for at least 2 months my employer has decided to release me. Can they do this with them being a huge international Oil and Gas firm. has anyone heard of this happening before....

Hey my friend, probation in KSA is the same as in the UK or USA.  The employer can release you with/without cause during the probation period.  The probation in KSA is 90 days and as of a few months ago, the employer can, if they want, extend the probation another 90 days making it 180......but they don't have to.

But if you are not available to work, why would he hold onto you?  Sorry to say that, but I think most employers would do the same thing.....unless the accident was work related.

tonydante wrote:

Hey my friend, probation in KSA is the same as in the UK or USA.  The employer can release you with/without cause during the probation period.  The probation in KSA is 90 days and as of a few months ago, the employer can, if they want, extend the probation another 90 days making it 180......but they don't have to.

But if you are not available to work, why would he hold onto you?  Sorry to say that, but I think most employers would do the same thing.....unless the accident was work related.

:one

Look, if you had the accident during the working time ( your working hours) it is different story and they have to treat and pay you.