Lease agreement

I'm planning to come to Budapest for work and i require a lease agreemnt as a document to submit in my visa application.
I only need it as a formality, but i'm also willing to rent an appartment if it's the only option.
i would be very grateful if you can respond to my request as soon as possible.
Thank you in advance!

Be careful about asking for or submitting a fraudulent lease agreement.  You should only receive a lease agreement for the property you intend to rent and reside at.  Otherwise, you might be considered to be committing visa fraud, and find yourself with an unfavorable mark on your file, amongst other unpleasant actions that could be taken against you.

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Romaniac  is very correct.
Good advice.
Also why would anyone give you a lease agreement if you have not actually leased their property?
What sort of angle are you working is the first thing they would want to know.
Why give you rights to their property if you are not paying for the flat?
Many strange laws and rules in HU that could put the property owner out of their property if you can prove you have leased their place.
Very odd request, don't think anyone would go for it.
I know we would never sign a lease agreement with anyone who was not actually paying for our flat.

To ask again, why are you trying to get a lease but not rent the flat?

If like you are just going to stay with friends or family or something then could you just not have them sign something saying that? I doubt that would be an issue and most likely favorable. I honestly have no friends or family in Hungary so i do not know but i do recall the rules allow that.

Hell i know for sure i read that even the refuges, migrants can stay with someone if that person documents they can stay at the place and the assulym or whatever they are applying for workers will visit them at that place. Which i think is really kind of Hungary that way they can stay with some kind people or something instead of the migrant camps.

So i sure if you have some people or situation u are living in you could still get your visa.

I know UK where my father has friends we could of gotten a visa to live there doing that. Same with Netherlands where we have distant family. And Germany allows that also.

That said in UK, and Netherlands i know if you do that you are committed to living with that person or whatever citizen says they are allowing you to live with them. Like if you have a disagreement with them for any reason good or bad, then you would be able to lose your visa and have grounds to be deported. Which is why my father and i chose a country we could live in long term without having to depend on someone else.

Not that anyone is bad just why do that unless it is really close friends or family.

My mom and all her family are from Germany but my grandfather and granduncle were involved with an political group that we all know of, they avoided persecution by an agreement that their offspring for three generations can not claim German citizenship threw family background. Could file papers to resend that and ask for Germany to grant me visa, citizenship whatever anyway and they might but it would be at their discretion totally.( i have heard it is like a 50/50 chance depending on what money you have, who your family is, who you are, if you are with a German person and look like you are going to have kids etc. Too much drama!)

I have been in Hungary about 3 weeks most people are really nice so if you are decent i think you will be ok.

Good point Felica, a friend or even the new employer might help.
A total stranger is never going to give you a legal lease agreement to their property unless you are actually leasing  from them and have a contract.
Too many legal issues, people are never going to just give you a legal document that states you have a right to live in their property just to be nice.
Hard enough to toss out rental tenants who don't pay their rent on time let alone hand a stranger a legal right to enter your place. You may have the right to their apt. for a long term and where will that put the owners?
No one is going to be willing to face all the potential hassles of going to court, paying court fees and getting involved in a fraud.
Just contact a leasing agent and lease a place legally.

Thank you for your replies. Unfortunately my employer cannot help with the lease agreement and i don't know anyone out there in Budapest so this is kind of my last resort. I'll be needing where to stay so I'm genuinely looking for a property to rent and I'm willing to make the necessary payments for that.

borntobe1 wrote:

Thank you for your replies. Unfortunately my employer cannot help with the lease agreement

First of all, can you supply a link to the forms you have been asked to fill out for your visa? This can help in assisting those here with advise in your application.

Second, why can't your employer help with this issue? The "required to have a lease" I know for students, but I am not aware of it for a work visa, and if it is required for a work visa then yes, your employer should be helping you out (just because they say they will not is not the same, since if they are sponsoring you to work in Hungary, they should assist in your coming to Hungary, else I doubt they are a legitimate employer).

Else, the issue is rather insane when you think of it: a visa that requires you to come to a country and select a place to live before you enter the country.