Sam's club mayguez store issue

Just thought I would give my forum friends a heads up about mayaguez Sam's club store policy I find unusual. recently, while shopping I dropped my $ 4000.00 hearing aid. the battery went out and put it in my shirt pocket, which was dumb, as when I bent over to look at things, it fell out.

I went to "customer service' over next to the tire sales. I was told by the clerk that was lost & found. I got into the infamous long slow line. finally got to the counter and the woman motioned the Puerto rican man behind me to come first, so I was to go back in the end of line. (what the heck?) well I was one of the few gringos in the store.

finally got back to the same woman. she scowled and didn't do English, ok, another  clerk translated. I showed them my remaining hearing aid, and do they have a lost & found?
their reply was a bandito got it.

I asked if they had a lost and found? and they looked at as if I were a curious taking plant. No they had no lost and found, nor did they make any pretense of looking.

I went and got my wife who speaks Spanish. help! we went to the same woman and told my wife she never saw me! my wife chastised her. she said "yes you did, but you now deny it because I'M talking to you !"

Turns out, in spite of the rudeness, apparently there is NO lost and found there, so keep tight hold of you stuff while shopping in Sam's or you'll never see it again !

No longer shopping at Sam's; they have poor selection, don't really save any money, and they are inconsistent with merchandise... I'd rate them very poor, and an example on how NOT to do business. I've not been to Costco since living in PR, but I'd give it a go, before paying what? $50/year, to save pennies? Some things aren't even the best prices there.

I'm so sorry you lost the expensive hearing aid!  I don't shop Sam's here either.

We went there last week, worst experience of my life! Parking is a nightmare and IF you find parking the store is a mess. I rather drive to Ponce and in the one buy there. As of prices, Napo Velez have better prices, once we move permanently to the island, I will cancel my Sams membership. It's not worthed in PR, they don't even honor the reward points here.

Bummer re: your device, but an equal bummer in the way you were treated at the beginning.

I can take easily take that stuff in small does in Latin America, experienced it every so often in CR, like the Gringo prices in smaller situations, or ice from a cab driver or waiter, or a hassle in a government services interaction situation eg,  or other subtle signs that they ain't digging my gringo presence, big deal--I get it.

But go to the back of the bus in a big box store? No, I'd have a tuff time swallowing that one. Sorry senora.

Isolated incident? Prevalent? I would not know. But, it isn't the first post I read similar here, going back to when I started in the PR blog and read everything I could from day one.