Avoid hoi an

didn't like this place before and now , eight years later, its even crapper. one of, if not the worst places. I've ever been. crap sites, a few small boring Chinese temples u have pay 120 k to see.

EVERYONE EVERYWHERE RIPPS U OFF, OVERCHARGING, SHORT CHANGING, SCAMMING, VILE LITTLE RODENT PEOPLE. eg

10k to park ur bike. 100k for fake tickets to free museum, no change ever given.

the people are obnoxious thieving , the town is ugly and deathly boring.

Avoid  hoi an!

Response to "Avoid HoiAn". I have lived here for the better part of 5 years and have seen many changes. I also see a great deal of rude aggressive outright mean Vietnames here. The male population in thier twenties are as worthless as they come. Live off thier parents,gamble, smoke and drink every day. Loud terrible parties at night where they get drunk then go out and kill themselves or others on motorbikes. They also add to the very large problem in Vietnam of spouse and child abuse. While saying this I do have a few good Vietnames friends,generally from mountain regions and are forced to live in Hoi An for low paying work. The Village itself is pretty much fake,lots of banners,selling junk,tailor and shoe shops galore as they are not capable of coming up with a original idea of thier own. The really interesting point I have noticed and watched is that they are mean to each other,very little respect for each other. It is truely a ME generation here. Now if you do not agree spend some time in DaNang,it is more like real people or the mountains of Western Vietnam. This is a country growing too fast without mentors from long ago to guide the young with simple things such as politeness.If you are a tourist,spend a couple days,that's all you will need in Hoi An. If you want to live here - Good Luck - Eyes Wide Open!