How to Open a company in Ho Chi Minh

please every one

do you know how to open a company here in VN (HCMC)?
office, better way, everything...

please help me to understand about it

regards

Hi,

I had opened 1 rep office for 1 US company.
Open company in Vietnam is very difficult for foreigner.
I preferred this link when open rep office
vietnam-briefing.com/news/establishing-representative-office-vietnam.html/
You can refer it

Hina

Hi everyone,

@ Summer78 you will also get some useful infos by reading the Setting up a business in Vietnam of the expat Guide.

Hope it helps,
Bhavna

I will help you

văn nguyên wrote:

I will help you

I noticed that you can also help another member find a dog.

As the forum is set up for the free exchange of information and advice between members please post the information on the forum.
That way other members may also benefit too.

how?
thanks in advance

summer78 wrote:

how?
thanks in advance

Please read through the many posts in this section of the forum for the information.

Hello,

You should you the consultant service like the following company *****( email and website ). Our partner from Malaysia used this company to open 100% foreign company in VIetnam last year. If you need further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,

Phu

Moderated by Naomi 8 years ago
Reason : Do not promote your services on the forum, please register in business directory.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

I need to know
which office in hcmc can to produce all doc to open a new company (with vietnamese partner)
many thanks

Moderated by Naomi 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not promote any services on the forum. Please register in the business directories..

I mean
if i go in 1 vietnamese office to ask to open a company the fee will be around 2/2.5 milion VND
if i go to ask in other office, they will ask a fee of 1000USD

so

if you are Vietnamese and you want open a company here in HCMC...

Where you GO?

thanks in advance

Hi Summer 78,

If you were Vietnamese it is very easy to open a company and you can apply yourself without paying consultant fee.

In this case, you are foreigner and you want to open a company as foreign investment so it is more complicated and takes time for the process. You should go with a consultant company so they can prepare the application for you.

Please feel free to contact me for further information.

Best regards,
Phu

As my expericen as I`ve opened my private company here - i`m not expat.

Hired a law company to do with all processes , it taken about a month with service fee about 2.8 mil VND, 1 mil for first tax entry, 1mil/1 year of electric token ring,  500k VND/invoice, 200k for a stamp, 500k/monthly accountant cost.

That`s a total cost, if you have local friend then it`s worthy to ask their help

Good luck
Cheers

Hi,

I was looking for similar information last 2 months for a foreigner. Below are information from a layer firm for your reference.

Regarding to setting up business in Vietnam, please refer to 4 options as follow:

1. Representative office

This Rep. Office can not do business. Rep office is a communication office for company in Oversea

Capital: No
Bank account: Can open bank account
Do import & Export: No, just communication office
Sale product: No, just communication office
Get working permit and Resident card: Yes
Time and fee: 1,200 USD, 30 days
Documents: refer to (*)

Question:
- Do import & Export? No, just communication office. 
- Need to Rent the Office for Address  or later?  Must submit address together with all documents. (Only Rep. Office can submit address later )
·  Sale product? No, just communication office             
·  Get working permit and Resident card? Yes ,
- Working permit and Resident card: how many years? ---> 2 years
- Time and fee: 1,200 USD, 30 days,  Is Fee included for working permit and Resident Card?
--> Working permit and resident card is a separate service, fee for WP and resident is: 500 USD

2. Import and Export Company:
Capital: No minimum, but should be from 100,000 USD
Do import & Export: Yes, do import and export the registered list of HS code.
Sale product: No, only import and sale to distributor
Time and fee: 3,000 USD, 60 days

3. Trading company with store:
Capital: No minimum, but should be from 100,000 USD
Do import & Export: Yes, do import and export the registered list of HS code.
Sale product: Yes, can open the store and sale product
Time and fee: 4,500 USD, 60 days

4. Local company:
This option means that you need a Vietnamese person to register a company, you can do everything like a local company.
Capital: No minimum
Do import & Export: Yes
Sale product: Yes
Time and fee: 750 USD for set up company, 500 USD/month for Vietnamese person.
Documents: No

Question:
- Time and fee: 750 USD for set up company
- This is 100% local company, foreigner can be director and get working permit after license. To set up local company take 1 week.

(*) Documents need for 100% FDI:
- Business registration certificate
- Company Charter
- Financial statement report
(All above need to be consulate legalized by Vietnam Embassy)
- Passport
- Office rental

Other Question:
1. The tax (im-export, VAT, Corporate tax) of Local company & FDI company is the same? --> Yes, the same
2. Office address: can we use the office box address to register first (as Indochina usual do)? later once we have license, we can rend phisycal house later? -->Can do that in case you set up Local company or Rep. office, to set up Foreign company have to submit address.

Good luck!
Lanh

For a foreign-invested company, it will depend on the business line - whether ot not  it is conditional or committed to under Vietnam's commitments to WTO (e.g. media, telecom are conditional ...).  Some are permitted but regulated and need various central govt and authorities' approval (finance, insurance ...).

100% Vietnamese local company is cheaper, easier and quicker.  Note it's even faster now under the new Law on Enterprises 2014.  You won't be the first foreigner to use a Vietnamese nominee.

Note that all application dossiers need to be submitted in Vietnamese.  it's not as simple as the checklist above makes out.  If you don't have the relevant documents sorted out (certifications, business plan, financial capacity, explanatory statements)  you will get the run around by the authorities - making the application more expensive and taking more time.

Good luck!

many thanks for your answer
i need option #4
but i know that i can do it with 2 milion VND and not with 500$
so
please let me know in which office here in hcmc i could to go
thanks in advance

Option 4 is cheap and fine as long as you belive or  truth some Vietnamese to put their name on your company document. Also the subsequent documents are all in VN need to be signed or confirmed...

I dont know the official office with your price but it is rumar that some accountants can do it.
I had the same question why the price was so different. Later i understand that the accountant does it by simply having
a Vietnamese name, house address, householder registration, ID.,,,to regist a local company. If you expect to know everything in detail, you need a translator to explain for you. That is why the lawer firm added high price.

Good luck

I can help u about this , talk more contact to me, my number at my profild

Hi Lanh,

About your input before: "Do import & Export: Yes, do import and export the registered list of HS code." when did this process happen? I mean do I have to apply after I get the Investment certificate or how?
Thanks in advance.

Do not even think about it. The cost in terms of frustration and back handers will be prohibitive. Be very wary of anyone who offers to "help" as this help can come at great cost.

Can  you  say in pubblic  how much it  cost ,  and what  we need for  do it ?

Hi
This is a lawyer I use for all my requirements for business etc.
Mr Luan:   0948682349
Very honest and reliable at a good price.
Connie

Hi connie,

What is the price for export import company and can do selling? 100% foreign?

Cost about 2000usd if open one company of forigners acc.

His fees are more or less as described above by the other response, but the monthly fee for the Vietnamese person to be the Director is much, much less than quoted love.
Good Luck

Hi All,

Very interesting topic and very informative. I just started my textile and garment business and would like to know the detail process of how to apply the license. I would import and export the goods. I will also have a store here to do stocking and selling. Thanks for the reply.

rgds,

Hi,

You should have a lawyer helping you, I had tried with out a lawyer and it a nightmare, it was not only  cost me times and money,  it delay so many project and if translate to money it cost me ten time the cost of a lawyer.

The lawyer was helping me is Oanh Hoang Ngo, she is a professor at the Law Judicial Academy, her email is [email protected] or any other lawyer but I highly recommence her because she has wide contacts after many year teaching. Good luck to you.

Hi!
I thought u still not meet to right person yet.
Hope everything will be fine with u soon
Best regards

In short, don't bother. And do not accept help from a Vn.....

Hi,

I chose Exx for virtual office and company set-up; just paid and got the business registration certificate.

They also offer monthly accounting report at 990,000 VND.

Hope you found some good way to work it out.

Cheers,

Nhung

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Removal of full company name

Did open a partner company which an expat guy here since 02 years and do nothing. Anyone interest buying the licensen, pls let me know. Or if you have any business idea, we can be partner. I am doing business here.

John

what kind of your business dear

Hi Sir - I am interested ...

Let's connect.

Thanks.

Buddy

Does your lawyer specialize in business licensing, start-ups, etc ?
Reasonable pricing ?

Thank you.

Nope, not a Lawer, but know the way, process to get thing done with the cheapest price and shortest time. If you wanna do business here, must care about the polictic cause Viet Nam Gov change policy very quick, exspecially in the Tax Filed, Custom field also. Then you have to flexible to solve thing bt in right direction, if not, you ll lose everything very easily here.

Hi, i'm from China , and want to open a store in HCMC, do you have any experience of applying for a 100% foreign- own business license? if you have , please feel free to contact me. Thank you so much.

U r chatting with me on Email

I can recommend the very best Vietnamese legal associate to help apply for & obtain your small business license. Highly dependable, highly trustworthy, very transparent (from start to finish - about 4 weeks to complete the IRC & ERC, tax & bank account set-up), and affordable. Don't buy an existing license - get your own! Connect with me privately for details.

Yes , I have opened a company. My lawyer did all the work of course...I think the price is reasonable...2 ways to do it , one way about $1500 the other $3000, USD..
His name is Luan ..at xxx....he also handles all my immigration needs..
Cheers
xxx...if you need more assistance or you need me to go with you..?
Constantine

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please do not post contact details on the forum. You may exchange them via the private messaging system and recommend your contacts in the Ho Chi Minh City business directory

Hi,costasgrivas! Are you foreigner? And about your company, is it 100% foreign-owned? Could you tell me what kind of industry you applied ? Bcz I was told different industries have different prices..... About the $1500&$3000, what is the difference between them ? Thanks a lot! :)