Planning to move to Kuwait

Hi kabayan,
I'm a seasoned OFW presently working in Doha, Qatar and had been living here with my family since 2005: wife and my eldest son (who have jobs as well) and my youngest kid studying in a local primary school; another kid somewhere out there in the world (hes a seafarer) and another one back in Manila in his senior years of college.  I have been in Bahrain for 6 years before, 2 years in Jeddah, short stints in South Korea, Indonesia, Hong Kong and Singapore.

Although life here in Qatar is quite good (pay is nice, the place is safe and quiet), the recent downfall of oil/gas prices in the international markets had made a big toll on other industries which include government, medical and banking institutions. With that said, life started to change in the beginning of 2015.

It is also a known fact that Qatar has one of the highest costs of living among GCC countries. It started way back in 2004 during the preparation for the 2006 Asian Games and continued to increase until the present time, just a few years before the 2022 World Cup. I remember way back then that a dual room flat in Doha would cost somewhere around QR2500 only. Now, that same amount would give you a small single room on a sharing flat.

However, my family and I managed to survive such conditions. Pinoy tayo e, madali sa atin ang mag adjust  magaral mamaluktot habang maigsi pa ang kumot, kasabihan nga. But there will come a time when one needs to choose if the condition becomes unbearable and agonizingly stressful to the point that leaving the place is the only logical option  and I am already in that position.

Recently, I received an offer from a global ad agency based in Kuwait City and now pondering on accepting it if ever we come to a mutual agreement. Granting that Kuwait would not be too diversed from Qatar and other GCC, I would like to know more about the situation and life conditions of OFWs. 
I would be very happy kung mabigyan ninyo ako ng kaunting kaalaman before I jump in...

What is the average cost of a single room flat (with bathroom/kitchen only)? Do I need to have a cheque and pay in advance/whole year?
    Which area is preferrable for someone working in Al Jhawara Tower, Kuwait City?
    I am aware that my driving license is also valid there: is it easy to get a second hand car? How is the traffic condition in the city?
    For a person living alone (hindi naman po ako maluho), how much is the average budget for food?
    How is the peace and order condition in Kuwait? I heard about the bombing last July.
    Whats the average cost for a monthly post-paid mobile (with data)?
    Work timing for my (future) company is 9am-5pm, Fri-Sat off... I fish. I am a professional angler. Do I need a license to do this? Are there designated areas for this kind of sport/hobby in Kuwait?
    And lastly... hows our Philippine Embassy /POLO/OWWA there? Are they actively helping out OFWs like us?

I know this is too much but any info regarding my querries would be appreciated highly.

Thanks!
Omar

Hello OmarRG

Welcome to Expat.com

While waiting for members to revert back, I invite you to browse the threads of the Kuwait Forum by Categories so as to gather useful informations.

The Cost of Living in Kuwait category, for exemple, will bear threads talking about living expenses in Kuwait as well as Salary packages.

Best Regards
Kenjee

Thanks Kenjee, I would surely do that...  Cheers!

Omar :)