Pet cremation

Good afternoon,

Is anyone aware of any such facilities in or around Riyadh for the cremation of your pets once they pass away?  This isn't a requirement yet, but I am due to bring my dogs out here early next month and want to be prepared should the worst happen whilst we are here.

Thanks for your replies

Almost any local veterinarian should be able to give you all the information you need for pet cremation and/or crematoria in your area if they exist. It is also likely that some vets may even operate their own crematorium.

Certainly not the kind of information that a simple Google search is going to help you with at all, and not likely too many members here are going to be able to shed much light on the subject either. When in doubt - talk to your vet!

Cheers,
James
expat.com Experts Team

Thanks James,

I was throwing it out to see if any people had actually used this type of service here in  KSA.

I asked the receptionist at the Vet earlier today and she looked at me like I had two heads!

Regards

Tony

Tonybrock46 wrote:

I asked the receptionist at the Vet earlier today and she looked at me like I had two heads!

My two cents: I'm sure you can't find any kind of cremation services here. Wish someone corrects me.

TheLegendLeads wrote:
Tonybrock46 wrote:

My two cents: I'm sure you can't find any kind of cremation services here. Wish someone corrects me.

Thanks for your reply, I really do hope your wrong.  I dread to think the type of "disposal" service they offer here!!

No such thing here in Saudi because it's a Muslim country. & in Islam, it is a sin & considered degrading to burn a living soul (dead or alive) whether it be a human or an animal. So the only option you're left with is burrying them.

I can hardly believe that a vet would go to all the trouble of burying animals that die in their care, they certainly wouldn't just turn them back over to their owners unless asked to. Surely they incinerate these animals or they'd all need to have private pet cemeteries. Not very practical.

Check with another vet, if the staff still treats you like you've just arrived from another planet ask them specifically how THEY dispose of animals that die in their clinic.

Cheers,
James
expat.com Experts Team

Surely they incinerate these animals or they'd all need to have private pet cemeteries. Not very practical.

As someone has pointed out, cremation is illegal in Saudi Arabia for humans and animals. And there aren't any pet cemeteries, so people just have to make do with digging a grave for their animals.

@James totally agree James

our pet died last week

we buried Charlie in a special area for this purpose in our compound

we didn't try to see for this service

I will find out tomorrow

Hello corneavargas,

Welcome to expat.com!

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

This thread is unfortunately old and inactive. I invite you to browse on the Riyadh forum to participate in more active and recent threads.

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

Closed