Cheapest Flights Ever From USA to Ecuador

JetBlue Airlines has received EC permission for new Fort Lauderdale flights to Quito.  The inaugural flights in February and March are now available at $252 round-trip starting in either city.

The new flights will begin in late February, with the price rising to about $284 round-trip starting on or about March 18, 2016.

These are the cheapest round-trip flights ever offered between the U.S. and Ecuador, according to Dom Buonamici of ecuadorrealestate.org, who disseminated the flights information via a mass email to subscribers on Sunday.  These fares include taxes and fees.

Dom also reports that American Airlines has just inaugurated its new passenger service from Dallas to Quito.

cccmedia in Quito

Hi cccmedia,

Thank you for this sharing of information :)

Priscilla

Hello, cccmedia,

Regarding the decent fares on Jetblue, is Ft. Lauderdale the only airport in FL offering these departure flights to Ecuador? Many thanks and Happy New Year!

Regards,
PS

peripatetic_soul wrote:

Regarding the decent fares on Jetblue, is Ft. Lauderdale the only airport in FL offering these departure flights to Ecuador?

In south Florida, JetBlue serves FTL, which is about 30 miles north of Miami.

To compare flights, fares and departure airports, visit www.cheapoair.com

-- cccmedia in Quito

Awesome! Thank you!

cc media
I do hope 'they' pay you well. You are doing a Great! service to all us newbies.!
Bill

We're relocating to Cotacachi from Portland in September, so I've been watching airfares. I'm looking at one way, which is nearly as expensive as round trip. We'll come back eventually, but don't want to have to pick a return date. Has anyone had experience with buying a ticket in Ecuador? My wife and I will both be over 65 by the time we get our cedulas, so as I understand it, tickets are half price. I'm not sure how that works, though. Is the discount just for the segment that starts in Ecuador, or for the entire flight? What about for a round trip ticket?
Thanks,
John

johnplov wrote:

We're relocating to Cotacachi from Portland in September.... I'm looking at one way, which is nearly as expensive as round trip. We'll come back eventually, but don't want to have to pick a return date.... My wife and I will both be over 65 by the time we get our cedulas, so as I understand it, tickets are half price. I'm not sure how that works, though. Is the discount just for the segment that starts in Ecuador, or for the entire flight? What about for a round trip ticket?

1.  Half price?  Not exactly.  Your tickets will be heavily discounted, but probably not a full 50 percent.

2.  The discount is for the leg that begins in Ecuador .. including the return-trip portion of the same leg.  Thus, you can get a discount on a Quito to Atlanta or Houston round-trip flight, but not the connecting flight(s) to Portland. 

3.  The tickets need to be purchased at a main office in Ecuador of whichever airline, not through a travel agency or online. 

4.  Any question about leaving open the return-date is 'inside baseball' that may depend on the airline, if open dating is possible at all.

cccmedia in Quito

Just wanted to add that LAN has flights to Ecuador from Los Angeles. Maybe not cheaper but certainly closer to you than having to go to Miami from Portland.

Here's one, LA to Guayaquil round trip, must be purchased by Feb. 9 etc. $615.

http://www.lan.com/en_us/sitio_personas … to-ecuador

Thanks, ccmedia and gardner1, that's good information. I thoyght i sounded too good to be true.
The Lan flights from Ecuador to LAX seem to have a stop in Lima, so the discount may only apply to Ecuador to Lima segment. LAX to Portland would definitely be cheaper thamn most of the alternatives though.
John

johnplov wrote:

The Lan flights from Ecuador to LAX seem to have a stop in Lima, so the discount may only apply to the Ecuador to Lima segment.

Lima, Peru, is south of Ecuador -- on a map it would appear the leg out of Ecuador was going the wrong way.

So if you're making a stop in Latin America, logic says that going through a different hub -- namely, Panama City -- might make sense.

It might be most economical of all to look primarily for a non-stop flight from Quito to a U.S. hub -- Miami, Houston, Atlanta and most recently, Dallas -- so you would be paying full fare out-of-pocket for a shorter distance and possibly applying your discount to a longer first leg.

www.cheapoair.com is a good site to compare best fares and flight schedules.

cccmedia in Quito

2018: Spirit Airlines just opened a new direct nonstop route to/from guayaquil (GYE) and south Florida (FLL) in late March.

One way tickets start from $125 going from FLL to GYE. The opposite one way non stop flight is starts around $225.

Of course with Spirit, you pay everything ala carte. So the total price may or may not be less than competitors.

For me, I saved $600 by booking one flight leg on Allegiant from CVG to FLL , and a separate flight leg on American from MIA to GYE. I needed to take a $5, 45-minute train between MIA and FLL. Super easy.