Looking to move and live to Chania, Crete

I am a retire US Military member and I am looking to move to Chania, Crete

Hi, I am a retired US Military member and I am looking to move to Chania, Crete to be with my future wife and her family as soon as I can. I can provide funds for my self but would like to find a job even if it is part time.  Please provide any information that may be helpful.

VR

Hello abmeggett,

Welcome on board  :)

I've merged your posts on this thread of the Greece forum.

I suggest you drop an advert in theJobs in Greece section of the website and read the threads under the Working in Greece category of the forum till members provide you with some feedbacks.

All the best  :cheers:
Bhavna

Thanks for the reply and information. I will do that right now.

hi,about jobs on Crete,well anywhere in Greece really,its going to be difficult,lots of Greeks go to the Islands from May onwards for the summer tourism jobs and pay now is so very little,in fact like Bulgaria,its crazy, however I think that if you have skills like air-conditioning servicing and installing or plumbing,general building work-home improvements like small jobs,gardening etc..pool cleaning,patio cleaning,general handyman etc..because of so many expats being on Crete they might like to have an English speaking person for some home improvements or computer work,repairs,maintenance,lessons etc..I think you can do something but you need to get a foot in the door and get known by the local expats and the local Greek community but careful the locals dont get miffed by your presence,thats why I say suss the Expat community,you wont be such a threat then,good luck with your move and enjoy Crete.