What is the expat community like in Inhambane?

My wife are I are considering moving to Inhambane and were wandering what the expat community is like there.

Any info would be great.

Many thanks

Craig

Hi Craig, welcome to Expat.com :)

I hope you soon get many responses from the members in the forum!

Have a nice day further
Arlette

Hi Craig,
Me and my fiancee are also looking to move to Inhambane (although it might not happen for a couple of years yet).  We both live in the UK but he is originally from SA.  We have been to Inhambane a few times on holiday and love it there.  I know that approx. 70-80% of holiday makers in Mozambique are South African, and there are a lot of South Africans running the resorts and living there so I'm pretty sure there will be quite a few ex pats in the area... I hope so anyway.  Good luck to you and your wife and if you do decide to move make sure you put a post / blog on here to say how its going :)

Hello to both the posters above.
I am a Mozambican living in London at the moment but travelling back and forth constantly. And I was born in Inhambane and have very strong ties with the community there. My dad still lives there and every time I visit the country Inhambane is a must stop.
Let me guess :) you both just love Tofo, am I right :).

From what I hear from my dad lately there is a huge expat community booming at the moment in the town. So I am assuming you will have no problem at all feeling well accomodated there socially.

I am about to travel to Mozambique next week for 30 days doing Photography and will be stopping again at Inhambane. perhaps if you want to stay in touch we could exchange some experiences and it would be nice also to have social links with people from back home here. :)

Hi Guys, seasons greeting to you.
sory i am a bit lat on this but ive been off line for a while.
Inhambane is a big area but the concentration of tourism is around three different areas, Toffo, Barra and Gunjata. (sorry about the spelling) What are the ex pats like? big question. Toffo is very European and has the highest concentration of European visitors. the rest are mainly white south Africans.....some good, some bad, but all characters in their own right. Mozambique is not easy, work contracts are hard to come by and the constant hassling by inspectors of the various ministries can be tire sum. But once you got all you ducks in a row its a breeze....i have been here for 20 years....freaking paradise.

Dear,

I have read your post on inhambane. We are thinking about coming there and buy a B&B/lodge (but we have three small grils and therefore are wondering mainly about school and medical care). We have nevertheless a lot of questions and I was wondering if some people still there and ready to take some time to answer some questions to help us out. We could do that via skype or FaceTime? Please reply via private messages.

Thanks a lot for your answer.

Olivier (from Belgium).