Public pre primary schools cost for a non Mauritian child

Pls can anyone tell me how much public pre primary schools cost for a non Mauritian child. I will be in Mauritius by January and am spending only 1 yr.

Hi
I think it will be better for you to do admission in private school. I know one which will not cost you much. If you need details I will send you a private message. Actually I don't like the public pre primary coz the environment is not good for the kids. You can experience it    yourself when you will visit.

Hi ashi29,

Y are the public schools not good? From my experience they are Good!

Hi kr271184

What you find good in public school?

I attended public schools in Mauritius and i personally believe that it helps a child to adapt and be part of the local community. The level of education is good- the CPE exams for instance is one of the most competitive. The gvt is now trying to introduce 9 yr schooling. That's my personal view. Mauritius is not a third world country. Public schools have produced excellent doctors, scientists, lawyers.....u name it.

ashi29 wrote:

Hi kr271184

What you find good in public school?

Sorry to contradict you but the public school system in Mauritius is as good if not better than private schools especially with regards to academics.

However, the environment is highly competitive and there's lot on pressure on the kids. Also, the kids talk in our mother tongue, Creole, among themselves.
That's why most expats opt for private schools.

Hello everyone,

Just to point out, the OP has asked about Pre-Primary public Schools which is an interesting topic as usually members tend to ask about Primary School (CPE) or secondary schools.

So if you have any info about Pre-Primary Public schools, do share.

Thanks in advance
Bhavna

Check kidzone grand baie

Is kidzone a public pre primary school

Try mr Google..its private.lol

Hi, my daughter goes to a Mauritian nursery (Pre primary) in La Gaulette. Well, it is kind of public / private.) it cost Rs840 per month, with a Rs1000 deposit every January (to cover cost of stationary etc)

The price has just increased from Rs 600 per month, for the 1st time in 3 years I'm told!

My husband is Mauritian, but we are from the UK. My daughter is absolutely thriving there!

As a child who only ever spoke English coming into this country, she is now speaking English Creole and French, after being there less than a year!

yes the private pre primary schools are good, but they cost a fortune in comparison, and I would rather keep my daughter in the  nursery she is in now,, even if I could put her in one of the  private ones for free!

There have been a lot of children from her nursery who have gone on to pass the exams to go into private primary schools (both English and French schools), and we plan to put her in a private primary school after.

My only qualm would be the playground, which is tiny, but not enough to put us off!

I don't think its fair to generalise all the public schools here as bad, some are awful, some are good and some are great!

There is another public pre primary in La Gaulette and personally I don't think it's good at all, so like I said you can't generalize them!

If you would like any more info on the nursery here, giev me a shout :)

Hi all.
I am an Educator actually working in a public primary school with a public pre-primary section included.
To my knowledge, its free. Concerning all the other pre-primary schools outside government primary schools, they are all private and you need to pay.
To my opinion, I would recommend sadiyamusa to first of all know in which region she will be living in and to know what are the pre-primary schools present in that region whether public or private. Then, have someone to have a site visit to see the environment and to investigate about the services and facilities. From there on, the decision is yours.
A year at a young age has an impact on a child's life. So better you know in advance where you are leaving your kid. The kid will spend most of the time there than at home.
Concerning public or private, please bare in mind that it's quality of service that does all. I come from a private pre-primary school, have been in public primary school and secondary school. Education is education.

Thanks.