Parcel sending from Sosua

Having received numerous parcels from Amazon over the months, using CPS, which have been very good and reasonably priced, I was rather shocked when I asked them for a quote for sending a parcel back for refund for a damaged item.

For the very same item they charged me about 800 Peso for receiving, they wanted  3200 to send it back, which is 400 % more.
I was speechless!

Well as is only a partial refund anyway, it would be cost me more to send item back, than actually getting the refund, so it really is not worth it, might as well chuck it in the bin !

Unless somebody can suggest a cheaper way of sending it?

Did you open the box when at CPS picking it up???  If you did and it was damaged they will return it to the sender and in my case there was no charge.

Bob K

Also if you contact the seller many  times they will send you a free shipping label (UPS or Fed EX).

Bob K

They usually wont send a shipping label  Bob unless you paid for  international shipping  and it has a high enough value. 

Sending back via CPS is expensive. I have not found any other way to do it and so I have often had to "eat" the loss.

Yes Planner, it is very expensive indeed, like 400%  more, which seems crazy given its the same weight and everything , but according to CPS thats the way it is, although they did not provide any detailed explanation why/
So guess youre right one has to just accept the money is lost and grin and bear it.

Ahh also I did not make it very clear before and really used the wrong word "damaged" ,which is not really correct, item was in fact received undamaged but malfunctioned after 2 months, so needs repair or refund.
But in any case all pointless, as its so expensive to send back, just not worth it !

All people can pray for is that anything they buy on Amazon does not go wrong or you might as well write the item off, guarantee or not, given the cost of returning.

Again we had a TV come in with a broken screen.  CPS sent it back no questions asked.  A new one arrived two weeks later.

Bob K

Wow - I wonder Bob if that is a "department" for the bigger items  and not part of the "under 200" area where there is huge volume of packages?   I am seriously curious about this.

I am picking up a package there on Thursday and I will ask

Bob K

Thanks Bob....

You are welcome.  I will let you know what he says tomorrow.

Bob K

Ok here is the low down on CPS and the return of damaged goods.  I had a nice talk with Carlos and Elizabeth (owners) this morning and here is their policy.

If the item is received damaged, and you must open the package in their store with them, and it was bought from anywhere but E-Bay they (CPS) will absorb the cost of returning the item.  Also It CANNOT have been shipped by USPS to their Miami address.  The items must have shipped by UPS, Fed EX, DHL or another shipper.

All other items shipped from other stores (Best Buy, Home Depot….etc) or from Amazon will be covered.

Also note they have opened a new Store in Cabarete next to Caribe tours in Plaza Luna.

Hope this helps.

Bob K

That does help Bob, thanks!

You are welcome.

Bob K