Becoming a legal practitioner in Belize

Hi all,

My name is Joanna and I am a Ghanaian lawyer.
Born and raised in the UK.
I moved to Ghana for 3 years and recently returned to the UK.

Still trying to get used to the cold weather.....lol.

I'm very interested in obtaining info about becoming a legal practitioner in Belize. In future my husband and I plan to go the Belize.

I have tried to use the contacts provided on the Belize Judiciary website but they do not go through and may be outdated.

So far, I've managed to find out that the Legal Professions Act states that a person

who applies to the Supreme Court to practice law and who is qualified to practice law in any country

which the Chief Justice designates as having an analogous system of laws,

is of good character and

who pays the appropriate registration fee, may be admitted to practice law and entered on to the Roll.

The Registrar at the Surpreme Court of Belize maintains the roll of attorneys admitted to practice in the jurisdiction.

Furthermore that the legal systems in most of the former British Colonies is very closely aligned to that of Belize.
Many of the government-salaried lawyers who work in Belize as magistrates, judges and prosecutors, come from countries such as Guyana, India, Trinidad and from Britain's former African colonies like Ghana.

Please could somebody kindly provide me details about the process or direct me to where I can obtain this info.

Thank you in advance.

Joanna