Just moved to Paris looking for friends

I have just moved to Paris from England with my fiancé.

Looking to find English speaking girl friends, or couples we love to go for drinks, galleries, sightseeing.

I will be in Paris for a year, and would like to meet people who are here around the same time.

Let me know if there is anyone on here, who is similar to me.

Hi Johanna

I'm in the same boat. I moved here two weeks ago with my husband from Colorado, but I'm originally from Sydney Australia. My husband and I live in Paris, and as he is working I am a lady of leisure. so am pretty much always available.

I adore England (everything about it infact) and love to meet new people and make friends.

Free to meet up for a coffee?

Cheers Amy

Hello. I am apple. Im from the Phillippines. Im new here in france. Just here for more than a week. Living here with my husband. We are here in clichy. I Would love to meet new friends like you.
😀😀😀

Hello Apple,

My name is Amy. I'm here with my husband also, we are in Paris, where is Clichy?

Amy Oliver wrote:

Hi Johanna

I'm in the same boat. I moved here two weeks ago with my husband from Colorado, but I'm originally from Sydney Australia. My husband and I live in Paris, and as he is working I am a lady of leisure. so am pretty much always available.

I adore England (everything about it infact) and love to meet new people and make friends.

Free to meet up for a coffee?

Cheers Amy

Hi Amy,

How are you?  My husband and I are planning to go back to Paris next year.  Do you mind sharing how your husband found a job in Paris?  Does he speak French?  It's hard to get a job in Paris.

hi
how r u ?

Hi miss amy, clichy is i think at 17th arrondissement. Where do u live here?

I would love to go out and visit paris sometimes but i dont have a company, and im scared i might get lost hahah

Hi joanna!
Im apple from the philippines. Im new here in france. Ill be living here for good with my husband. Looking for friends to hangout with, have coffee and walk around town.
Im still waiting for my documents from ofii so im available most of the time.

Hi Apple

My husband and I live in the 14th arronndissment. So not very far from Clichy.

I'm free pretty much all the time as I'm not working whilst I'm here. Would love to catch up if you are free?

Hi Marj

Well thank you, how are you?

Well my husband already had a job lined up before we moved here, he got this back in Australia and we moved here in Nov from Colorado where we were living.

Both of us don't speak French at all fluently, but we have picked up a few basic phrases and most people are usually ok about speaking English with you as long as you make an effort to speak some French to them first.

I'm not working whilst  we are here but U have heard that it is quite difficult, especially with the language barrier and such.

When are you due to arrive in Paris,? :)

Amy Oliver wrote:

Hi Marj

Well thank you, how are you?

Well my husband already had a job lined up before we moved here, he got this back in Australia and we moved here in Nov from Colorado where we were living.

Both of us don't speak French at all fluently, but we have picked up a few basic phrases and most people are usually ok about speaking English with you as long as you make an effort to speak some French to them first.

I'm not working whilst  we are here but U have heard that it is quite difficult, especially with the language barrier and such.

When are you due to arrive in Paris,? :)

Hi Amy,

Thank you very much for your reply.  We are still deciding whether to go back to Paris or London to live and work.  My husband and I have both travelled around Europe in 2006, 2011 and 2014 but going back  to live and finding a job is a different story. :)  I am 30 years old and he is 35, so he might need a work sponsorship visa related to his skills (Business Intelligence Developer, IT). 

Your husband is very lucky that he had a job lined up before you guys moved there :).

Do you mind sharing which companies he applied for and in which field?  Did they offer his work sponsorship via?

Please feel free to private message me here if you're not comfortable in disclosing any information in public.

How's Paris life for you lately? :)  I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Marj

Hello Amy,
Sure we could meet up one time. Maybe this week? Or next week is fine for me. Would glad to have a conversation over a cup of coffee. 😀
Have a nice day

Apple

Hey Apple & Amy, let me know when you are meeting would love to join you :D

Hi Apple

I'm free this week and would love to meet up for a chat over a coffee

I'll private message you the details

:)

Great! Sounds good. Im available on thursday. 😀