Work permit to Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

I just received a contract form an oil company in abu Dhabi and after scanned and signed it ,I sent a copy to the employer and another copy to  the National Travel & Tourism Agency as required by the employer to process to my visa & work permit. today I received an application form from this travel agency to complete and send it back .. by the same time they ask me to pay 920$US as fees.
the application form looks like it is issued from '' UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
MINISTRY OF INTERIOR
NATURALIZATION & IMMIGRATION
DEPARTMENT''

my question is : is it the way to process for work permit to Abu Dhabi?
is it possible that could be a scam?
thanks to any one trying to help me by answering to my questions and give more information on this subject

Hello belami_ab

It is the usual way scammers proceed. Be Very Cautious!

Kenjee
Expat.com

belami_ab wrote:

I just received a contract form an oil company in abu Dhabi and after scanned and signed it ,I sent a copy to the employer and another copy to  the National Travel & Tourism Agency as required by the employer to process to my visa & work permit. today I received an application form from this travel agency to complete and send it back .. by the same time they ask me to pay 920$US as fees.
the application form looks like it is issued from '' UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
MINISTRY OF INTERIOR
NATURALIZATION & IMMIGRATION
DEPARTMENT''

my question is : is it the way to process for work permit to Abu Dhabi?
is it possible that could be a scam?
thanks to any one trying to help me by answering to my questions and give more information on this subject

Be understood, the applicant of your visa is your employer and not you. Which means it's the responsibility of your employer to provide visa by meeting all the expenses related to it and charging it from the employee is illegal in this country. Besides, they are asking too much money as the charges which your employer need to pay is only AED 2213 (Maximum). Unlike other countries, there is no separate procedure for your work permit and that is a part of visa processing. Which means, your employer can submit your visa application only after the work permit is approved by MOL. Stay away from this offer. It is 100% scam

thank you very much for your advice

belami_ab wrote:

thank you very much for your advice

You are welcome :)

Please post the actual email you received so that we can analyze it and report any scam websites or email addresses.

what is the typical processing time for employment visa?  An ADNOC-affiliated company has completed security and government clearance process and advised that employment visa is ongoing.

lateadventurer wrote:

what is the typical processing time for employment visa?  An ADNOC-affiliated company has completed security and government clearance process and advised that employment visa is ongoing.

What I understood from your quote is, the initial process is over. Which means your work permit is approved. Now, your employer need to pay the charges (AED 2000 + service charge of AED6). Once it is paid, they have to submit the application for your visa along with the fee of AED 207. In normal cases, your visa will be issued within 15 working days, but the process is very slow in Abu Dhabi.