DIVORCE RULING IN EGYPT FOR FOREIGN WOMAN MARRIED TO EGYPTIAN

I WANTED TO ASK SOME QUESTIONS REGARDING DIVORCE,WHERE CAN I POST?

HELLO PLS HELP! MY HUSBAND WILL DIVORCE ME AND PROMISED TO RENEW MY RESIDENCE VISA PROVIDING THAT WE SETTLE TOGETHER OUR DEBTS( i MEAN I HAVE TO HELP HIM PAYING),WE HAVE 4 KIDS,16,12,8 AND 7 YRS.OLD,BY LAW WHO WILL COME TO STAY WITH ME AMONG MY KIDS? IS MY HUSBAND GOING TO PAY THE MONTHLY RENT MY KIDS AND I WILL LIVE EVEN I'M WORKING AND EARNING ALSO? WHAT ARE HIS FINANCIAL DUTIES TO MY KIDS? JUST IN THE CASE THAT OUR DIVORCE DIDN'T WENT WELL AND WE HAD FIGHTS,IS THERE A CHANCE THAT HE WON'T RENEW MY RESIDENCE VISA /CAN I GET VISA THROUGH MY SON?PLS HELP!

Hi enggay,

I have merged your two posts here on one topic in order to avoid duplicates and please avoid posting in caps lock on the forum, it is against the forums laws. (Writing in caps lock means shouting).

Regards,
Naomi ;)

Sorry. read it wrong.

Goodness me! It is quite obvious that you need a lawyer

Hi just one question first were u marryed at the embassy in Cairo or offi marrage

we got married in civil ceremony in my country

I have a question.  I'm Christian, and my ex husband Muslim, Egyptian.  We married at Ministry of Justice in Cairo.
As a Christian woman, do I have to obey the Iddah after a Irrevocable Divorce?   Divorce was done at the Ministry of Justice in Cairo.  I do not live in Egypt, and was not with my husband for 13 months when he divorced me. So there was no chance of me being pregnant then.
Thank you

before he divorce you prepare your self ,check your proerty and get a bank account separately

You are already divorced for 13months and you don't live in Egypt. Why do you care about  Iddah . You know your not married anymore. Start your new life

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Promotion of your own services is forbidden on the forum. Please register in the Lawyers in Cairo section of the business directory
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Easiest way to get divorce from Egyptian is embassies outside Egypt. It takes only 1 day and You are done