BSN number with a temporary address

Hello all!

I have a bit of a situation with regards to getting a BSN, which I know you need in order to register and work in the Netherlands.

I need to start work there on the 4th, but I may not have accommodation arranged at that point, but I read that I need to give them an address before I can get a BSN. I am sure there must be a lot of people who have been in this situation and figured out a way around it, I was hoping I could have some advice on the matter.

I am not sure if I can get a BSN number while in the UK, before I go over and then get a house arranged, then register my address at a local municipal, would this be a possibility? Can I start work with just a BSN while not registered at the local municipal?

I appreciate any feedback at all.

Thank you!!

At arrival in the customs area in the Netherlands you can ask the help desk. I assume that you  can also arrange a BSN with the address of your new workplace. Your new boss could arrange this for you, ask him. Its no big deal. A BSN registration and receiving the BSN takes only 3 working days. You have the right to have a BSN as soon as you appear on your job (and can show a copy of the working contract if any)

No need for address. Just go to the city hall and in 10 minutes all is done! Success!!!

As long as I know,you can get BSN if you already got VV(verblijtverguning).So I don't think so you will get BSN if you are not in Holland.

I am in the netherlands, and im a eu citizen. I have a temporery paspport, im asking if there will be any problem getting a bsn

If you are already in the Netherlands you can get the BSN directly, as long as you have any legal Identity Card or any papers that show your real name. Your temporary passport is good enough

Thanks a lot.