Debate club

Hi everyone
I am planning to open an English debate club in Hà Đông Hà Nội to help the youth have an insight about their rights and social affair.. etc everything that could contribute to this society .
If you wonder why it is in english, then i want we can get into a problem in many different ways which require changes in cultures and ages and,moreover,it will create motivation for vietnamese to join and learn English.
So that is my "plan" .
Hope you guy feel free to discuss and maybe give me some advice as possible .
Thanks

I don't think Vietnam is quite ready for a debate club unless the topics are carefully selected. The skills for debating require a fairly good knowledge of the target language, so your circle would be rather small. And any sensitive subjects debated with foreigners present could cause problems. Informal discussion among friends and compatriots is one thing, but a structured debate suggests organization.

Thank you so much for this advice^^
Yeah i know there are a lot of problem arise so i think this may be not the good time to start this plan :( at least.

I think a debate club would be a great idea.
I understand that you want to start this club in Ha Dong.
Maybe you can try to expand your area and attract people from all over Hanoi.
A club like this certainly would need people who master English very well in order not to become a glorified English class.
You also need people with at least a basic idea of 'critical thinking' (i.d. the capacity to weigh pro and contras of arguments in an unbiased way ).
There are ore things to consider but at least you have starting point.
Best of luck.

Thank you so much for this. It is really a big motivation for me and i do appreciate your great encouragement^^ i will absolutely keep it up by starting find the suitable one to open this club. It may be not included political issues