Any English immersion schools besides Wavre, Rixensart and Tubize?

Hi,

Coming to this topic once again. My daughter now goes to an Local French school and we are very happy.
But i recently heard about English immersion schools gaining more popularity, can you please tell me the list places where I can find English Immersion schools? I know Wavre, Rixensart and Tubize? What else is there.

Hello nithi25

Please note that since the thread on which you participated was inactive for over a year, a new thread has been created as from your post on the Brussels forum to help you get more interactions.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com

First of all, there are NO English immersion schools in Belgium.

There are some French schools which run an immersion program to learn English in some schools from 3e maternelle through to end primaire or end secondaire, in Wallonie alone. There are 2 French secondaires in Brussels that teach English as immersion method but from 3e secondaire (14 years old) upwards.

These programs are NOT suitable no designed for English speaking children and normally you would need to be mother tongue fluent in French first before being able to join the stream which does part of their day in English.

If you have English fluent children and wish them to learn French, do them a favour, DON'T put them in one of these schools, they are NOT going to learn French fast, it will not have any benefit whatsoever to their English as already they speak it!!!!!! If you want some formal lessons in written English, find a tutor who can do more in an hour than a French school doing a few hours a week of English immersion per week can teach your child some written English in a week.

You'll find the lists here.

http://www.enseignement.be/index.php?pa … 2&ids=[wi_ids]