Help to define a good salary for an engineer

Hi everyone !
I got an offer of an job as an engineer in methods and I'm fresh out of a french engineering school.
The topic is interesting and in my mind if I go to Dubaï it's to have a good international experience but also to save some money for 1 or 2 years to go after back to Europe. It is about 48 h/week, a bit more than in europe.

The position offers a health cover, 20 days of holiday and a flight ticket. But there is no housing or transportation included. I checked many posts on this forum to get an approximation about the price of housing.
Based on what I could read, I think that for 12000 aed/per month I can live in a nice place with the food and the transport. I would live alone but I like to go out.

I have to give a salary range and I thought to put 20000-23000 aed. I prefer to aim a bit high. But I honestly have no idea if this estimate is enough to live well and make some savings or if it is overestimated.
Otherwise I have opportunities in europe so this job is an opportunity that I want to get if I'm sure that I win.

I would be grateful for your help. I can give some details if you need to.
Ciao ;-)

You should definitely target around 20,000 - 25,000 for an engineer.

Average rent - 4,000/6,000 pm for a studio flat
Food & transportation (public) - 2,000/3,000

If you intend to save, you should target minimum 20,000. No point below that. For your qualification I am guessing that kind of salary wont be difficult to get.

Thanks a lot Nitin86 !

That's a very valuable opinion. Now I have a good idea of what I can ask.
It can help others in the same situation to know what to expect.