Hi there! Anyone from the lovely UK here? :)

Hi,

Just wanted to say hello to you all :).

A little more about me. Well, my name is Andrew and I am planning to move (hopefully) to Hanoi or Hai Phong in the near future mainly because of my girlfriend.  At the moment, I am petrified of moving to a foreign country as I can't speak Vietnamese (at the moment, but learning). I am still young'ish but I am up for the challenge.  I am hoping to use this forum mainly to find out the lifestyle in Vietnam and job opportunities before I make a very BIG commitment.

Thank you for reading my rant and I look forward in using this forum :D

Andrew

Welcome to Expat-blog, Andrew :)

For general info about Vietnam, go through the "Life in Vietnam guide".

To be in touch with British nationals in Vietnam, view the British expatriates network in Hanoi.

Regards,
Sheetul

Hey Andrew,
There's a big and exciting Expat network in Hanoi so no worries! I'm 25 myself and moved here to Hanoi about a year ago. You can always get started teaching English, the salary is equal to and usually better than most other jobs for Vietnamese, so you'll get by just fine. Check out my blog and my "sites" list for lots of great info. and other expat's experiences living in Vietnam.

Hope to see you around!

Zac
The West Lake Review
westlakereview.blogspot.com/

p.s.-You don't have to know Vietnamese to have a good time here, but...you should learn! Vietnamese people are more than ready to help any time

Hi guys,
My name is Graeme and am from the U.K also. Planning on a new adventure in Vietnam early next year so getting to know expats is important.

I currently live in Bangkok where I teach English conversation.

If you want to meet up that would be great!

I am new in Ha Noi, also. The people is very friendly, and they like foreigners, so enjoy your life here , no worry

Hey Andrew,

You should have absolutely NO problem in Hanoi, provided that you're from England (sorry I'm not being racist here). Everyone will fall in love with you haha. Jobs aren't rare either especially if you have a degree in anything. Otherwise just go teach English lol.

I go back to Hanoi every once in a while and it's a really unique city. Hope you'll like it :)

you are a good man :)Rate for a man can be accept to move his life and works to a new place because his girlfriend. :)

I a vietnamese, and had 10 years lived in Ha Noi. Ha noi is a good city for works, everybody is friendly. There are a lot of lakes, there are 2 the famousest lakes is Hoan Kiem lake and The west lake. You can go and visit Hanoi ancient street. It's a Ideal location for you. There are a lot of foreigners living in there. You can be not too difficult when live in there.

bananas_33 wrote:

Hi,

Just wanted to say hello to you all :).

A little more about me. Well, my name is Andrew and I am planning to move (hopefully) to Hanoi or Hai Phong in the near future mainly because of my girlfriend.  At the moment, I am petrified of moving to a foreign country as I can't speak Vietnamese (at the moment, but learning). I am still young'ish but I am up for the challenge.  I am hoping to use this forum mainly to find out the lifestyle in Vietnam and job opportunities before I make a very BIG commitment.

Thank you for reading my rant and I look forward in using this forum :D

Andrew

Hello,

My name is Phuong. I am a manager of Language Edu school in Hanoi where teaches languages such as: English, French,… for Vietnamese students.
I ‘ve read your information and I ‘d like to invite you to teach in my school when you come to Vietnam.
If you are a confident and ambitious person, please send us your resume via email: [email protected]
I am willing to help you if you have any problem.
I am looking forward to hearing form you!

PhuongVu, could you please post in the classifieds > jobs ?

thanks

Hi Andrew,
Welcome to Viet Nam.

I'm sure that you can find more exiting and totally different to the UK.

I've just back to Vietnam from UK.

Keep in touch if you want anything about Vietnam.

Hung