Japanese expats in Jakarta

Hi, I am a recent returnee to Jakarta having lived in Tokyo for 12 years.

I would like to organize an event gathering for Japanese people living in Jakarta.

If you are Japanese living in Jakarta and interested in participating, please reply to this showing your interest.

Cheers

Are you only inviting Japanese or can anyone come?

Hansson wrote:

Are you only inviting Japanese or can anyone come?

Looks like it's only for Japanese people.
I'm not sure there are any active Japanese members of this forum but a lot of non members read it, so the OP might have some luck.

Thankyou Fred.

Dsunarto, what kind of work were you doing in Tokyo? Did you belong to any Indonesian groups while you were there? JIP etc? We have quite a lot of Indonesian friends who have lived in Japan or are currently living in Japan as well as many Japanese friends there and we visit Japan every few months or so, were last there to see some bands playing at the Ex-Reponggi Theatre on 7th November. Maybe we know the same people, some have also recently returned to Jakarta. So what were you doing for 12 years in Tokyo?

Well it seems you only want to arrange a meet up with Japanese folk. So I will not be interested, being a non-Japanese.

Hey Hansson,
You mentioned that you visit Japan every few months or so. That is really envious of me...

While I was at Uni, I took Japanese until level D. And I did some University exchange program and stayed in Kanazawa at a host family too. If I persisted, I would be able to read newspaper. However, I didnt have time to practise now other than watching animes / Japanese movies.

I enjoyed my time in Japan. I like the small countryside. Neat, clean and orderly.
When I was in China or Indonesia, the countryside is so much different.

Sorry to go slightly off topic on this thread.
But I felt, the OP would have benefited from inviting people from all walks of lives who are interested in Japan and shared an interest so on.

Rather than being the only Non-Japanese in a Japanese gathering....

dsunarto wrote:

Hi, I am a recent returnee to Jakarta having lived in Tokyo for 12 years.

I would like to organize an event gathering for Japanese people living in Jakarta.

If you are Japanese living in Jakarta and interested in participating, please reply to this showing your interest.

Cheers

Sure, that's what I thought too. I don't know if many Japanese in Jakarta want to meet with Indonesian guy who lived in Tokyo, but if there are other people with experience of Japan that also would be very interesting. Anyway, I won't attend this event gathering....as I am not Japanese.

Maybe I didn't word it too well, but this was meant to be open to any expats or returnees from Japan. By the looks of it, this is the wrong forum for it. Maybe I should have written it in nihongo.
Hansson, to answer your question I was in banking in Tokyo. Belonged to a group called ICJ,  pretty sure we know some people in common.
Enduringword, inviting people from all walks of life who are interested in Japan is a different beast altogether. That's not my intention for now...

I speak Japanese and spend most of my spare time visiting Japan, usually in Tokyo, Yokohama but also in Mishima and Numazu where I have many friends. My friends are mostly musicians and generally well known within Japan. But alas I am not Japanese. So sorry to disappoint you. I know many Japanese in Jakarta, some married to Indonesians, maybe I will ask them to come here and message you.