Saudi Marriage Permission... Now What?

Hello!

I am writing with regards to the Saudi Marriage Permission. My significant other and I have already received our permission to marry; but we don't know how to proceed. Our end goal is to reside in Saudi so that we may be closer to his family. He is a Saudi National and I am a citizen of US; how do we proceed to obtain the residence visa? Do we need to travel to DC to visit with the Saudi Embassy? Should I just complete all of the requirements for the Residence Visa as outlined on the Saudi Embassy website?

I thought that I could just have him call the Saudi Embassy and inquire, he does not think that is sufficient. Help please!

- American Hijabi

Hello American Hijab,

Are you both married already? you should be married first before he apply for residence visa to here. you need to go to a Muslim community in the US together to get married in Islamic way and have the papers done then he can proceed the requirements here since, you have the permission to marry then go for it but, processing time takes time 6 months to one year as per a friend of mine. To clarify the procedure of process he could inquire in Saudi embassy to clear any doubts you both have. Good Luck

Best Regards

Hello

For info some posts have been removed from this thread.

Please note that American Hijabi has initiated this topic to get advice about visa and not about her coming to Saudi.

We expect members to avoid generalisation and wrong talking about their host country on the forum please.

You may send a private message to the member to advise of anything else not related to the topic here.

Regards
Kenjee

Agreed.

We already have our Nikkah and we already have the permission from the KSA government; my biggest concern is applying for the visa - because I must have a residence visa to travel to the US and then once there my husband must have my visa changed to the iqama. Insha'Allah we just want the process to go quickly and smoothly.

Hello American Hijab,

My friend is a Saudi who got married to a US citizen women when he applied for a visa for his wife it took him 6 months to one year it might take less or longer since, you both are done with the Nikkah and you have the permission form the government your husband only needs to apply for visa. Good Luck :)

As far as i know if you have the permission you can arrange for the wedding rituals and register it with the legal body here. He can then apply for a visa for you to stay. I believe you are here on some sort of visa already.

You are a US citizen and He is a Saudi Citizen. Are you a Muslim. IF you are a Muslim then approach Saudi consulate in your country they will guide you. For visit visa you should have a sponsor. That could be your would be. Then he can apply on line after meeting the requirements from Saudi Consulate.

No, we both work and reside in the US

You will have to go to Saudi Consulate at your location to submit required papers and to obtain permission. Once that is completed your would be can request for a visit visa, provided if he holds the citizenship of Saudi Arabia. If he has already migrated to USA then there are lot of procedures to be followed.

Hello Sister,

first of all Congratulations on your Nikkah and planned wedding,

since your husband is a saudi citizen and got the permission to marry non saudi, he just need to certify the Nikkah Certificate by the saudi embassy. After that , he should apply for a Spouse Visa which shouldn't take long ( 1 week - 1 month ) as your legal documents are ( permission, certified nikkah cerificate) stamped by saudi embassy in your country. then you can come to saudi arabia and you will be treated as a saudi citizen in regards of work and healthcare providing.

wish you both a happy life

First you have to marry, then he submits a copy of the marriage license along with a completed application form for you to be issued a residence visa as his wife for Saudi Arabia.  If you are a professional - teacher, en gunner,  nurse, etc he should ask for a residence/work visa to be issued.  Then once in country he goes to the MOI for your permanent visa to be issued sling with a Saudi identity card.

First of all. ... Congratulations
You got to ways to go
First you can get married in the us and certify that marrage there then go to saudi empassy and apply for a marriage approval from there. It mght take weeks or months depending on the state of mind of the people there.

Secind way is to applying for an approval from inside saudi arabia by writing a letter to the inferior minister to get his approval and also this might take a month or a year.

My advice.... Get married in an islamic way and that requure a writer ➕ two male Witnesses ➕ the approval of the father or the legal guardian  ➕ the verbal acceptance from u and your husband...
The apprival bull crap is not an islamic thing
So get married and stay with your Nationality and you can register your kids under it even if they are born in saudi arabia

@Thelocalone: Well said and it is the correct answer.

@Americanhijabu: Congratulations and wish you a long and happy life together with lot of kids around you.

AS, You will get confused listening to different views here. They may or may not be correct. I suggest you to visit moi.gov.sa to know the exact procedure in order to proceed in the right direction and save time. Also visit US embassy in KSA to know the formalities required by them.

Regards

If you are looking for any consultations about that just keep on touch , then u,ll have the clear way for your status

Best Regards

Hello everyone,

Just to point out that some off-topic posts have been removed from this thread.

Please take note that your participation should only be relevant to these few points :

AmericanHijabi wrote:

how do we proceed to obtain the residence visa? Do we need to travel to DC to visit with the Saudi Embassy? Should I just complete all of the requirements for the Residence Visa as outlined on the Saudi Embassy website?

I thought that I could just have him call the Saudi Embassy and inquire, he does not think that is sufficient. Help please!

- American Hijabi

Best of luck,
Bhavna

Hi,
American Hijabi..
He should know what the process is. I'm married to a Saudi and live in Saudi and he knew exactly what to do..

apply for visiting visa for now , then when you get here you husband should work for the residence visa .

Im saying this because the residence visa might take time and once you get here no one can remove you from your husband even the government , so come here by anyway then start work on the other visa or even the nationality 

Im saudi by the way :)