Social Security Reporting Requirements

I received a call from a person from the SSA in Manila awhile ago. He said the Vietnam has been removed from the list and is no longer a restricted country to receive SS benefits, and that the every 3 months too the Consulate reporting requirement is no longer a requirement. I just sent a email Ms Gomez the POC for the SSA out here in our area to confirm it. Great news if its true.

Rick

Reply from Ms. Gomez:

Yes it is true. The restrictions have been lifted. We are currently trying to contact all the beneficiaries residing in Vietnam to advise.
Regards

Ivee Dianne P. Gomez / Claims Representative/ Social Security Administration, Embassy of the United States of America, 1201 Roxas Boulevard, Ermita 0930  Manila, Philippines/  Tel (632) 301 2669/ Fax (632) 7089714/ www.socialsecurity.gov/www.medicare.gov/http://manila.usembassy.gov

Great news.

Anthony64 wrote:

Great news.

It sure is , but they want you to fill out and send to them a  new SSA-21 and a SSA 7162 for close out.

Rick

I would gather they will be supplying the forms on the 5th of December when they arrive.  Otherwise another trip to HCM or copies off the internet and send to them. 

Thanks

Anthony64 wrote:

I would gather they will be supplying the forms on the 5th of December when they arrive.  Otherwise another trip to HCM or copies off the internet and send to them. 

Thanks

Da Nang is on the 3rd:

http://hochiminh.usconsulate.gov/servic … 51203.html

I had them saved on my HD. Just finished filling them out and will scan/email them to Manila this afternoon.
Rick

Yes...I have them on my calendar for the 3rd...(brain strain mistake, My Aunt's B/D is the 5th)...and I already have the copies also from my first copies.  I'll enter into 'paint' again change the dates and re-send.
Thanks again Rick

The US Consulate website should be posting something on the subject Monday. Ill re-post it here.

Rick

Yea Rick, I was thinking about re-checking that out myself...Friday News letter still had the visiting dates.  For those who have a need for information on Social Security I hope for them they continue the visits to the areas.
See what happens tomorrow or later in the week...
Tks

PART of Vietnam / USA Social Security restriction to USA citizen  recipients:
1) USA Embassy ACS UNIT  forwards to SSA every 90 days, a  recipient is alive or dead...
2) Person to person hand deliver SSA money to  recipent because  Vietnam banks are restricted..
    The recipient then was forced to wait 10-21 days for a Vietnam bank to cash USD checks

Budman Please clarify what Restriction is or was removed described by your sources?

Question:
No longer necessary to report alive or dead to USA Embassy ACS Unit every 90 days?

Question
Are the  SSA Treasury checks allowed DIRECT DEPOSIT electronic to a USA DOLLAR Vietnam bank
(passport identified USA Dollar) USA citizen  bank account? Direct Deposit no longer restricted?

Question
If SSA benefits payments (deposits) remain excluded, Direct Deposits are not permitted into Vietnam banking,  please clarify what restriction are you describing forwarded by Ms Gomez, representing
the USA Social Security  Administration revised policies?

Just the reporting requirement.

Rick

I am awaiting a response from Ms. Gomez from Manila, seeing as how the HCMC Consulate staff either have no information or are not required to state any information...
No one from the group that arrived here this morning in DaNang would say anything other than to send request to the office in Manila...
Two individuals I spoke with indicated from phone calls received from Manila stated that 'Vietnam is no longer considered a 'closed' country.'  They were also told that they no longer have to 'sign in' with the Consulate/Social Security Office.  I would gather that the annual SSA Form 7162 will be required.
I will post any statement received from Ms. Gomez as soon as I receive it...
Anthony

SSA benefits contact
Ms. Ivee Dianne P. Gomez
Claims Representative Social Security Administration Manila
Social Security Administration, Embassy of the United States of America
1201 Roxas Boulevard,    Ermita 0930  Manila, Philippines
Tel (632) 301 2669
Fax (632) 7089714

Yes...I have her e-mail address...I don't make phone calls any longer...as I usually don't make call backs to phone calls...Those I know send me a text message...as I have also informed the couple departments of the US of such as well.  I do not live on a damn phone and rarely have a 'need' for such an instrument. 
I can not say, 'thank you' for the information as it is not relevant to my 'need'....
I do appreciate your concern.

Rick...That news is great if it is actually true.  I sent another to Gomez a few minutes ago...will see if I get a response within the next 'three days'...

Rick...That news is great if it is actually true.  I sent another to Gomez a few minutes ago...will see if I get a response within the next 'three days'...

The update on the POMS shows that Vietnam has been removed from the list:

https://secure.ssa.gov/poms.nsf/lnx/0302650040#a

That plus the e-mail from Ms Gomez I already posted a week or so ago is good enough for me. No More Reporting!!!!!

Thanks Rick. 
Take care and enjoy life...
Later.

Anthony