Finding a job in Czech Republic and Central Europe

Hi everybody,

I would be happy to help people who want to relocate to Czech rep, Slovakia, Poland or Hungary as I work for a recruitment agency in Brno. I can give you tips or information regarding the working conditions and cost of life in the above listed countries. If you want to send me your CV, I will review it and let you know if we have any suitable positions for you. Do not forget to mention what type of position you are looking for!

Best Regards

Samuel Leduc

perso: [email protected]
professional for sending me CVs: [email protected]

Hi Samuel,

maybe you could post a couple of articles regarding jobs in Czech Republic in the participative guide ? It would help a lot of people ;)

thank u, im living in prague and wait for my papers to live here,and then i will start to work here, i wish that someone can help me to find work :)

Hello Praha26 :)

Maybe it would help if you could give more details i.e in which sector you are seeking, what are your qualifications etc.

This will help members to provide you with more specific information.

All the best.

Regards,
Sheetul

hey Samuel,
I'm a recant college graduate looking to teaching English somewhere in europe! i am a native english speaker with a TESOL / TESL / TEFL Certification. any tips on which countries i should look into and how i would actualy go about getting a teaching job?  also maybe there are jobs other then teaching i should look into???  i should also note im a non-EU citizen.

thanks 

-Dennis

Hi Dennis,

To be honest with you I am not sure about which country would be the best as I am quite sure you could find a job in any EU country and teach english but it depends on:

- What visa you will get
- Your budget
- What interests you meaning some countries have a pretty interesting culture but the money isn't as good as elsewhere so you have to define your priorities first. Get experience and discover other ways of life or make good money?
- What country or culture attracts you the most
- If you already have contacts in one EU country it could be good to ask them for their opinion (are they many language shools, are the working conditions good, etc...)

Personally, I can help if you move to CEE meaning CZ, SK, HU, or PL but everything depends on your background as if you have no experience and only the english language I don't think I can find you a job here. Most of the locals speak english + their native language and sometimes 1 or 2 other languages so unless you have some valuable knowledge or experience I personnaly cannot help. I doesn't mean you can't find a job here just that I cannot find you a job ;)

I am sure that blogs of websites of expats or travellers will give you lots of tips and your may start in one country and end up in another one.

Anyway good luck to you.

Cheers

S. Leduc

Hi,

I think the first thing to sort out is your visa. Do you have dual citizenship or are you married to a Czech girl either way it might be hard for you to get a job here.

You could possibly get a temporary residence visa but most of employers prefer candidates with permanent residence visas so try to sort this out first.

Now regarding jobs for a civil engineer in Prague, everything depends on your experience so you can send me your CV to [email protected] and I will look into it and let you know if I've got something for you. However, please keep in mind that if you don't have permanent residence in CZ or EU passport I cannot help you.

Cheers

Samuel

Hi!

Regarding work permits, as far as I know if you are married to a CZ citizen, you are entitled to work in CZ even without permanent visa. Get in touch with the immigration office for foreigners in Prague so that they confirm everything and make sure you have all necessary docs for employers.

Your experience isn't too short for being 22 years old as people here tend to study for many years so I'd say you have fair chances to find something but it depends on how flexible you are. Meaning that more and more people have to move where the job is and looking for a job in only one place is a bit risky so keep in mind that Praha, Brno, Ostrava, Plzen are potential working places and keep all doors opened.

You can definitely keep my email address and send me an email with your up to date CV whenever you are ready for relocating with all due papers in hand!

I believe starting to look for a job a month in advance is enough but it is better to be here for face to face interviews with employers. What we can do is 1 month before you arrie, send me an email with your phone number and we'll discuss about jobs we have at this moment. I can also provide you with basic info about CZ, opening a bank account here, flat rental's websites, etc..

Wishing you all the best for this big move.

Kind regards

S. Leduc

If you are an expat, you can try a couple of webs that helped me out in my arrival. The first one is more focused on spanish speakers( as im spanish), its name is acentos de praga(acentos.cz).the other one is expats.cz

They both have jobs, directory, events...

Hi, Samuel. Do you know the specifics of work in Czech Republic for international students?

I am from Ukraine. Studying at Charles University and am looking for a summer job or something like that.

I am also interested in part-time jobs during my studies, but I don't know the regulation of these matters. I tried searching for what my rights (number of hours, work permit requirements etc) are as a students but all futile.

Thanks for any info.

Hi, Samuel,š

Do you have vacancies in the rest of Czech Republic or only in Brno?

Regards
Jason

Hi everyone,
If you need help finding a job in Prague check out this post (guiriguidetoprague.com/?p=91)  It should point you in the right direction depending on the the job you are looking for.
Good luck with your job search!
Klara

Hi Jason,

Sorry for the dlay in responding but I didn't notice your post until now!

I can help you with jobs in Prague and Brno for the Czech republic, Bratislava in Slovakia, Budapest in Hungary and most major cities in Poland.

Regards

Samuel

Hi, Samuel.
Maybe you could help me too. I moved to Prague  two months ago and now I'm looking for any kind of job, preferable in the logistic field.
I have MA in Business Logistics and Economic of Transportation
My current experience:  6 years as a math and coursework writing tutor, only 4 months as a freight forwarder and 5 months as a supervisor.
I have advanced English and fluent Russian/Ukrainian/Latvian. Plus I have EU passport and I'm flexible to move.

Hi Nataly,

What I propose you is to send me your CV by email and I will have a look and let you know if I can help you.

Have a nice day.

Kind regards

S. Leduc

[Moderated: Please post in classifieds]

Hello Samuel,

Myself and my girlfriend are currently looking to move to central europe (preferably Prague) in the near future and we were just wondering on the best way to find work in Prague? Do you recommend gaining our working visas, and then moving to Prague to find work, or trying to find work before moving to Prague? We are both educated professionals (both with Bachelor Degrees in Business, Marketing, etc) and I have over 5 years sales/marketing/management experience currently working in sales for a software company here in Vancouver, BC Canada. She is a registered Property Manager in real estate here in Vancouver, BC Canada as well. We both only speak English.

Any advice you have on how to go about this job search and the most effective process in gaining employment and moving to Prague, would be greatly appreciated. It has been a lifelong goal of mine to not just travel to Europe, but to live and work there and experience the different cultures as well. Hope to speak with you soon and have a great day Samuel. :)

T

Hello Samuel

I'm interested in a work holiday that is offered to Canadians wishing to live in the Czech Republic for a year.  My experience is extensive in the hospitality and tourism industries.  I'm curious if you know of a good web site to find jobs in this sector for someone in my position?

Any help you can be would be most appreciated!
Nick

Hi Nickolas,

Welcome to Expat-Blog :)

I advise you to drop your CV on the Jobs in Prague section and to choose the category that suits you the best.

In order to find some good recruitment websites, i also suggest you to do a google search, you will certainly find some . :)

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

Hello there Samuel..
  My name is Mike and I will be moving to Czech in 2015... near Pilsen...I have worked in construction most of my life..I have been a supervisor for 17 years ..I have done Residental comercial andf Highrise building..worked in Geothermal for two years and I work now as a heavy equipement mechanic.. I am a hands on guys.. from painting your car to doing inter lock in you garden... where will I find work .. and will it be hard to find..my wife is from Czech and we are having the house redone before we get there..she wants me to teach english there.. but I am not sure of the TOEFL thing.. let me know what you think and give me some places to look.. also How different is the CV there from the resume here in Canada??
hope this gets to you and you can help me .. Happy new year and Take care

MIKE

Hi MIKE,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Please note that you posted on a very old thread (2010)

For more replies,  I invite you to start a new discussion on the Prague forum with all your questions.

I am sure the members will provide you with some useful information very soon.

Thank you,

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team

I have a Bachelor of Science in Fruit and Vegetable Horticulture from Washington State University and would like to go back to Europe for a few more years. I have worked in Oregon for few years on at a wholesale nursery which is a type of farm.

I was stationed in Germany from 1986 ti 1988 as a enlisted engineer. Basically I was a military construction worker. There is a little more to it.

I want to return to Western Washington in 3 to 5 years.

Sincerely,

Rick Kramer

I have extensive work experience in agricultural and rural development, Agribusinesses  and  project management, giving me varied skills and the ability to work with many different types of people. My MSc degree is from Kassel University in Germany( in English program). I believe I could fit easily into your team.

Currently I am in Tashkent, Uzbekistan but I am flexible to relocate to Czechia. 
Except Uzbek I speak English and Russian.
I would be delighted to discuss any possible vacancy with you at your convenience. In case you do not have any suitable openings at the moment, I would be grateful if you would keep my CV on file for any future possibilities.

Yours sincerely
Saibjabbor

@ Saibjabbor > Actually, this thread is very old (2010) , i would advise you to drop your job search in the jobs in Prague section.

Thanks,

Priscilla