UK Passport entry to Vietnam

I am coming to Ho Chi Minh next week and was wondering what the status is regarding entry with a UK passport? I read that visa free access for 15 days has been granted to UK passport holders since a few months ago. Is this correct? Has anyone actually done this procedure at the airport with a UK passport? If so I assume the process is quite simple?

Thanks in advance!

Moderated by Christine 8 years ago
Reason : promoting your services freely on the forum is not allowed.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi...I'm from the UK too and this is the new legislation.Now whether or not it applies I cannot say?
How long do you intend staying ? If you are just " passing through" en route to somewhere else it should be ok, but I would definitely check before coming.
  Normally you need an Invitation Letter and then pick up visa at the airport.
VN visa rules change very often...check out other references on this and other sites.
Best of luck ! Enjoy your time here.!

I haven't done it but two friends who came in from honk Kong this week did there is no hassle and no worrys about it.

http://www.vietnamembassy.org.uk/ Read the last 2 news.

:|

Just get the flight and show your passport to enter the country. Ignore the “visa on arrival” queue at the airport, that's for people buying a visa and you won't need a visa (but if you plan to stay more than 15 days).

Come on over!  It will be easy with UK visa waiver (15 days).  My friend just visited HCMC last week from Cambodia without a visa on his UK passport.