My introduction - want to live and work in Malaysia

My name is Ahmed EL Okka, 44 yrs old, married and have 3 boys.
I have a 20 years experiences in the field of construction chemicals and drilling fluid materials, I have a lot of experience in the treading field and international dealing and treading.
I'm looking for travel and change my accommodation to Malaysia and open a privet business there.

Best regards
Ahmed El Okka

Why?

Apart from egypt falling to bits. But then is so 2/3rds the world. Some foreigners do make a succesful business here but nearly all worked here for a few years then started own business based on local experience and network - from those i met at least. Even then every single one got cheated bigtime at least once. Just turning up with cash in hand usually results in losing cash as many ways to con a foreigner. Of course it helps a lot  to have a competitive edge in a field malaysia is short of.

As you have international experience i presume you already have contacts here. If not then risks are exponentially higher.

Do beware lots of BS talked in Malaysia! And you get nothing for nothing. Everything costs here. Triple for foreigners

Good luck

Many thanks for your kindly reply, so you think that it is a risky action, even if the business related to the supplying for the infrastructure companies, and the drilling companies ? but what about the lifestyle for me and my children from education, enviroment, healthy care ? are these in good condition ?

Hi if you have the contacts up front less so as i said. But these are international businesses and so many here already. Hard to cut in as established relationships. What value do you add? Oil and gas also in a down phase.  So dog eat dog business envrionment at the moment and lots of barely surviving businesses. A local doing this is on the local team. Outsiders get shafted as this is core malaysian business. Think flag waving!

KL is expensive compared to Egypt. A decent school will cost 4k per kid per month. For the best double that. Usa is prob a far better prospect. Easier to run a business, fairer competition and a really big market. Or middle east? Usa has cheaper living costs overall outside of new york.