Expat tour guide - if you were to show Warsaw to a Polish ... :)

Hi Everybody,

I was just analyzing what is worth seeing/showing in Warsaw and realized there are a few "flagship" must see's (i.e. old city, a few monuments, royal castle, Lazienki Park etc), a few places with traditional Polish cuisine/clubs/pubs especially popular among guests from abroad.

But having visitted all the above what should one do next?
I'm afraid living & working here one may tend to loose interest or even ability to discover and admire the city they live in.
And I would really love to have my breath taken with Warsaw beauty again:)

So here goes my Q to all of you - what were the most interesting/fun/exciting/surprising (regardless of the character - still positive one is preferred;) places you have visitted in Warsaw so far?

Please share! :)

Cheers
Iza

places to visit --> Park Krasinski, Chomiczówka, plac powstania i muzeum powstania warszawskiego, dom historii (blisko hotel bristol),

Thank you D!

ah yes, Park Krasińskich & Chomiczówka (btw there is this song Chomiczówka by Sidney Polak - if anybody interested can provide English translation of the lyrics;)
I have a few nice memories of both, Dom Historii however is in my case still to be explored.

Anybody else would like to give it a try & share? :)

Thanks
Iza

Hey they have done up Plac gryzybowski - you gotta have that on your list really cute square!!

Praga! Map .infopraga.com.pl/mapa_Pragi.html

Other great places you will find on my favourite map use-it-warsaw.pl/

witam,
maybe try to visit museum of Fredick chopin.it's not far from warsaw university.

and once more try to visit wilanow..i love that place ;)

Hi All,

thanks for all the tips, bit late but haven't been here for a while :/
Wilanów & Praga - so different, both worth seeing for sure. The maps are awesome, thx Paulina!

take care
Iza