Tourist Visa, Ordinary Visa and Rented Accommodation

Hi,

Can anyone help with this query:

I'll shortly be arriving in Cambodia with a Tourist Visa, to study at a language school. I wanted an Ordinary Visa but due to a misunderstanding with a stressed-out and annoyed embassy official in the UK, and being a little stressed out myself, ended up being convinced that an Ordinary Visa needed sponsorship, and whatever visa arrangements I wanted other than a Tourist Visa should be arranged in the country, and now it's too late.

Could anyone clarify precisely what is required for an Ordinary Visa as of November 2015, is it really just a passport and the fee and it's issued on arrival without any kind of additional requirements?

I presume that arriving with a Tourist Visa in the passport and then asking for an Ordinary Visa is just asking for trouble.

Also, could anyone let men know if it is possible to rent regular accommodation on a monthly basis on a Tourist Visa? (in order to have a fixed internet connection for additional classes via skype)

If anyone can help with those two questions I'd be very grateful, not least for the peace of mind you'd provide.

Thanks,
Philip.

Hi Philip ,
   I was trying to help some foreigners visa , so if you need  help give me a call i hope i can help you , this is my number phone ********,
      Hun Vy

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, and I'll make a note of your number for future reference.

Regards,
Philip.

Hun Vy wrote:

Hi Philip ,
   I was trying to help some foreigners visa , so if you need  help give me a call i hope i can help you , this is my number phone ********,
      Hun Vy

Are you helping freely the members or are you using the forum to promote your business please?  :/

Thanks

Priscilla

I only help who have problems with visa , because some one here cheating them
i help them for free , i have business , so i DO NOT  care about money , they come here for visit my country , so i try to make them happy when they are here ok Madam ?

Moderated by Christine 8 years ago
Reason : off topic please contact us if you have any question about the moderation team
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi Hun Vy,

Thank you for your reply. So can you please give to the OP some useful information about his questions on the forum so that everyone can benefit from your knowledge concerning this issue?

Thank you

NO MORE HELPING ,
somone think  used  forum here to business , forget it ,
i was helping so many foreigners when i was running my restaurant  with out money ,
    so now i do not understand someone can tell me like that
STOP STOP send me sms ,
if some one still send me sms make me angry and i will  be rude ,
  I do not want  help any more ,

We live in a world of stereotypes and assumptions. Sometimes they're true, sometimes they're not. We never know when we're going to get it wrong, but it'll always happen if we go down that road, because appearances have a funny way of not representing very much, yet at the same time we keep seeing the same living clichés over and over in people, and oh boy is it annoying to be on the receiving end of it, whichever side of the often artificial racial, religious or cultural divide you inhabit, or are considered to be inhabiting. But if there's one absolute fact, if one side has a lot of money, and the other does not, both parties are going to have to put some work in to treat each other nicely.

You have to apply for a tourist visa at the border or airport first before you can get a regular visa. And they don't require your visa when you rent a place. One thing for sure is they let you stay as long as you can pay ;)
Hope others can share more info abt the visa
Good luck!

Get a $25 business visa when you get to Cambodia air port.Bring some passport photos with you. Then when you get in town go to a travel agent and get a 3-6-or 1 year business visa[ months] then you can stay as long as you have in date visa  all the best trevor Ps I have lived in cambo 7years and had no problems

Hey,

Ordinary Visa is very simple.
When at the airport you go to Visa On Arrival and apply for a 30-day Ordinary Visa ($40). You can ONLY get this on arrival. Bring a couple of photos.
Then when in Phnom Penh go to one of zillions of travel agencies and apply for a Ordinary Visa for 3, 6 or 12 months. The 12 months is $280 and the 6 months $160...there or there about. Leave them your passport and 4 photos. It will take about 4 working days to get it back.
That's it, simple.
Getting a leased place here is also straight forward...just a copy of your passport.

Kevin

The Visa is a breeze here, how long is your Tourist Visa, I assume 1 or at the most 2 months.
To renew or change go to most any tour / travel agent and they do it for you, as you are on a tourist Visa there is a chance they may ask you to exit the country and do a border run, if so do Thailand not Vietnam which is much more expensive. If you do have to do the border run just ensure you get a normal visa on return.

I would suggest to try up front on arrival; hang back and let the bulk of passengers through, then approach biggest cheese / hat at the desk and say I wanted a normal Visa, they gave me Tourist & can you plase change it ? free to ask. You ask for an ordinary Visa in either 3, 6 or 12 months validity.

Costs are 6 month $158.00 - 12 is $ 280 or $285, thats it , no need to proove work or any other issues, just pay the Visa again when it is due, thats it - a dawdle.
The 6 & 12 month Visas allow multiple exit & re-entry at no cost.

BE VERY CAREFUL..TO  put atlest a few months stayon your paper which u reeiveon the airplane to INSURE they dont just give ua TOURIST VISA ! Ifu dont get Ordinary visa, u willhave to exit country after 1 renewal of tourist visa .However ordinary visa u  renew as many timeswithin  the country  . Your Ordinary visa MUST start with E1364739 , NOT T826364,And you MUST renew it after 30days for 6 ormore months to be able to travel outside CAMBO  and return  without needing another visa...