Marriage on umrah visa

assalmu alaykum

I'm new here n  need some guidance on marriage with the person living there in saudi arab.
I want to know if it's legally possible for me to marry him if I come there on umrah visa.
plz help.

OR

Is there any other way I can come there n get married with him in haram shareef n perform umrah too.

Hiya,

Many have done it, so you can you. But you won't have any authorized documents from the Saudi government that your marriage took place in the country.

justme82 wrote:

assalmu alaykum

I'm new here n  need some guidance on marriage with the person living there in saudi arab.
I want to know if it's legally possible for me to marry him if I come there on umrah visa.
plz help.

OR

Is there any other way I can come there n get married with him in haram shareef n perform umrah too.

Legally (per Shariah): Yes - Just like any other place on planet earth in presence of witnesses.
Officially: No.

Only Iqama holders can get married officially and that's done in marriage courts. Haram is not for marriages.

Tanks for the reply

So u mean both bride n groom has to be iqama holder?
I think the guy I'm talking to has has muqeem card, I dont know the difference.
plz reply.

Some one told me that I can give power of attorney to someone over there n then that person n groom can go for registration, that's how we can get it done even if I'm not present there. Like marriage via phone.

Muqeem card is new name for Iqama.

The marriage cannot be legalized in court if you do not have residency. And i'm not talking about Sean Paul version of legalization :D

i agree ALL ABOVE MENTION.

alsairy12345 wrote:

i agree ALL ABOVE MENTION.

The mufti has spoken...hallelujah...

Probably this is something newly introduced.

Because  my sister got married, n bro in law was iqama holder, they got their registration done in Riyadh in 2011.

So if all the info I got here is accurate then there is no chance for us to get registration done in saudi arab, am I right or no?

But we can still get it done in haram shareef islamicly and get all the blessings insha allah. :)

Thanks to everyone for all information.

Your sister got married on Umrah visa and registered legally through the system ?

Damn...sean paul is having some influence fo'real!

Yes you can still get it done in Makkah and get the blessings, you have my blessings also.

Have a look at my very first reply.

TheLegendLeads wrote:

Legally (per Shariah): Yes - Just like any other place on planet earth in presence of witnesses.

So, yes it can be done and will be legal. But, you won't get any papers. Your passports can't be changed, you won't get any visas. So, what's the point then?