Moving to Murcia

Calling all ex-pats!!

Myself, my partner and 2 boys want to move to Spain. Not sure where yet but have found out that there are teaching jobs in Murcia (I am a qualified primary teacher who hasnt yet secured a teaching position in the UK) and we just stayed in La Zenia not too far from there. My partner works for car finance. Any advice on jobs, schools and accomodation and in general how to make the big move would be appreciated

Kez

We moved to Murcia over 4 years ago and we havenŽt looked back, we love it here, The way to think of the move is its life with a lot more sunshine, you still get the everyday life, its not always a bed of roses but the weather is fantastic, Knowledge of the Spanish language would be of a great benefit unless you want to move to a big expat area. We live inland Murcia, there are a couple of local urbanisations that are mainly British people but you have to communicate in Spanish in the town, bars etc.  Lisa

maybe in trovit.com or other websites you can find some info. Best wishes.

hiya, would just like to know if you made it to murcia? me and my family are moving there in oct and would like to know if you are there yet or what problems you have had in making the move!

thanx

tina

Welcome to Expat.com, Tina and good luck in you new venture!
Cheers :)
Arlette

thank you very much Arlette, im going to put something in the new member section shortly, so glad i found this site, im hoping it will provide a little reassurance for the big step i am about to take haha im a born worrier!:D

hi there ,can anyone please  give me some information on public schools in the area of alhama de murcia,also how we go about getting our children enrolled in them..My family are moving over on 5th june 2012 as my husband and i have jobs to go too and we need to get our children enrolled in a primary & secondary school locally .My children are aged 13 ,10 and 6 years .any info would be much appricated .thanks lee .