New VISA rules.....????

We are expats....and we have been living in Bali for 4 years on Social visas...flying to SIngapore every 6 months. We just had a baby and now the cost goes up even higher. One from USA and one from Vietnam....is there another way?

Thanks for any help :)

may I ask your age ? if your over 55 a pension visa is possible

bummer...46 and 28.....with a new baby girl. We will not qualify becouse of age requirements.

hmmm , for the moment the social visa maybe ok , but immigration have changed the rules and rescinded , maybe they will change again in the new year which may be negative for you , personally If i were in your position I would consider vietnam where your wife will have rights of residence , good luck

Thanks but we have ahome here and this is where we live. Not interested in moving.

Assuming you have no work on the island, you need to contact a local agent to explore the possibility of a long term visa.
I recommend you contact forum member "Ubudian" and ask for suggestions.
If you look up his posts, you'll very probably find a couple.

We dont work here at all. We have business back home and travel for a few months each year to make our money we need to live. I will try and find him...thanks for the direction

A licensed visa agency such as PT Bali Ide, or another (check The Bali Advertiser or Google) can act as your sponsor for temporary residence visas (KITAS) which will cut down your visa runs to once a year versus twice a year.

While the visas will be more expensive than doing sosbud or 60 day visit visas, you need to factor in the cost of the visa runs as well as the cost and time involved doing 30 day extensions to your 60 day social or visit visa.

Critical to this approach will be your proof of financial stability to afford living here without working.

Thanks Roy. +

Sama, sama Pak Fred!

Thanks Ubudian....we will see what solutions they have for us.