Passport validity - Visas

Hi guys, thank you for all of you who post their experiences, i've been here for years, but got a question that has my new employer perplexed as well as the custom guys.

I got hired in bahrain around 4-5 months ago and the working permit had so much delays that it's only getting ready to be sent to me now, but i have to factor in my notice period too.
I should mention that I'm currently working in Saudi, so can't get a new passport quickly from the embassy, i will have to go home to get a new one or else this will add another few weeks to the waiting time.

Meanwhile, by the time i would be ready to join bahrain, my passport would have less than 6 months validity in it.

Bear in mind, it's not the case where i have a valid CPR or RP and i'm re-entering with a new passport, it's my first visa issued to the old passport, but i'm going to be coming with a new one.

Would the customs allow this, first entry with a passport different than the one mentioned on the visa (I will have the old passport in my possession of course)?

Thank you

Hello,

I guess you would need the same passport (valid) to enter Bahrain which was mentioned during the visa process (since its the first time your entering Bahrain). The best thing you could do it ask your employer to confirm the same with the concerned authorities in Bahrain and i am sure if anyone has more info on the same they would reply back.

T&R

logicalindian wrote:

Hello,

I guess you would need the same passport (valid) to enter Bahrain which was mentioned during the visa process (since its the first time your entering Bahrain). The best thing you could do it ask your employer to confirm the same with the concerned authorities in Bahrain and i am sure if anyone has more info on the same they would reply back.

T&R

Thanks for your reply. Even though i have entered bahrain on tourist visa dozens of times, i don't think it has an effect. I will try asking the customs on the causeway next week, but from my experience, airport visas and causeway visas are so different, that employees can't give you a definite answer.

hi good people good morning,

Im new here in this site... i have a problem please somebody can help me i need advice regarding my visa, i have 2 years contract with my employer but my visa in LMRA as well as my Contract to them is only 1 year only. my visa will expire this November 30,2015 i want to file a mobility but when i go to lmra they told me it cant be done due to my visa is going to expire, what i need to do? i already found a new employer.The rules in LMRA including after completing 1 year of service i can file for mobility.. please help me i need advice.. is it posible i will just finish 1 year and then after ill file mobility the last day of my expiration of my visa permit in lmra without employers consent? and 1 thing the passport is with my employer i dont know what to do im tormented and im afraid if ill ask for release he will make problem for me as well as what he did to the rest of my colleagues... i need immediate answers please help thank you very much in advance...

Hi,

First of all its illegal to for an employer to hold your passport, you need to approach LMRA and inform them about the same.
The mobility rules are mentioned in the below link
https://services.lmra.bh/e-support/inde … l-transfer

Good luck.
T&R