Getting Thailand work permit

Hi everybody
I tried to know about getting Thailand work permit for foreigner by this blog but I am not clear the system and the whole process.
So necessary to know if anybody can clear it!

Thanks

Hi Rahuljoy,

I created a new topic as from your post on the Thailand forum. Try to view our guide : Visas for Thailand

Rahuljoy wrote:

Hi everybody
I tried to know about getting Thailand work permit for foreigner by this blog but I am not clear the system and the whole process.
So necessary to know if anybody can clear it!

Thanks

Hi
Try googling "work permit Thailand"

I just did, plenty of info to get you started. Once you get the idea perhaps you could ask some specific questions so we can help you.

You might also like to give us an idea why you need a work permit for Thailand.

Do you have a job offer for example?

There are 39 types of work you cannot do in thailand.
Normally the place of where you will work needs to support you're wp.
Of you start your own company then it's more work as you need 4 thai staff to support 1 foreign wp.
Also the salary is set by the government ie australia n would be on 50000 baht per month. Also you need to pay their social benefits and you need to pay tax.
It's not difficult but I assume you don't read and write thai and so you will need professional help

Hi,I need a work permit in Thailand therefore i wishes that whom could be help me find a job suitable in Thailand

You are most unlikely to get a workpermit, without having at least a concrete job offer at hand. In any other case, for setteling into Thailand you will need to present some strong financial statements. Be it for registering a company, retire in Thailand, having a Thai  spouse or wanting to make use of thailand elite (... surf for this term ...).

There seems to be some wild believe around it is easy to settle in abroad. That is not the case. Rules of thumb like "Local Nationals first into open positions" and "No money, no permits" basically apply everywhere in the world. Governments protect their countries. And the Thai one launched an intiative to crack down on illegal labor earlier this year.

Google it better don't wait people's answer you coz every one is deferent situation in here

bright57 wrote:

Hi,I need a work permit in Thailand therefore i wishes that whom could be help me find a job suitable in Thailand

the work permit is attached to the company you work for so you cant get a WP first then a job as the WP you need a non B visa and a stack of documents from your potential employer.

You have the horse before the cart.

First you need to obtain proper visa, eighter Non B or B ( depend on your profession)
than after one year, you can apply for work permit.

bright57 wrote:

It looks like you're looking for a visa, or extension of stay in Thailand. A work permit will be issued, once you have the needed credentials for a particular job by the local labor department.

How the heck ( excuse my language) would anybody here know what your education consists of and what jobs you could do in Thailand with the given information.

Can't you be a bit more precisely?

blackjack2010 wrote:

when you get your non B you get a 3 month extension of stay
in that 3 months you are to get your work permit
then after you get your work permit and your extension of stay is near expiration you apply and get a 12 month extension of stay based on you visa B and work permit

Grrrr. Why do you always give information that isn't true?  Another totally wrong information coming from your keyboard!. Once you've got the right documents and you apply for a category non-B visa in a neighboring country, but also possible in Thailand, depending on the circumstances, you've got a full page visa sticker in your passport.

Let's say that you want to teach at a school, the three months is enough time to get you the provisional teacher's license from Khurusapha ( teacher's Council of Thailand), you can then apply for an extension of stay based on employment at xxxx school.

But you do NOT get a one-year extension, you'll only be allowed to be here for the period of your contract. Should they not be satisfied with you, they can cancel your visa/extension of stay and you'd have to get a seven-day extension for 1,900 baht to have time to sort things out.

my co does this work everyday

the new rules for the WP allow you to work at other places -

maybe its different for teachers?

you are talking about a contract for teachers ie 3 months

I am talking general WP procedures - normally attached to the co you are working for or your own company

My co does this everyday and I have had a WP for 7 years - lived in Thailand 19 years -