Medical Validity after Getting Visa

Hi everyone,

Need some clarification. I sent my documents including degrees, medical etc. to my employer in Oman and received my work visa this week. Just want to know that my Medical is expiring on 25th November 2015 while I am planning to fly to Oman on of 22nd of November 2015; Is there any specific medical validity period required at the time of entry in Oman? or we don't need medical certificate after getting visa?

I think as long as you have your visa you can go anytime in oman anyway if your medical would be expire on its due date maybe your company will require you to undergo a medical here in oman ...

Pk_Sajid1 wrote:

Hi everyone,

Need some clarification. I sent my documents including degrees, medical etc. to my employer in Oman and received my work visa this week. Just want to know that my Medical is expiring on 25th November 2015 while I am planning to fly to Oman on of 22nd of November 2015; Is there any specific medical validity period required at the time of entry in Oman? or we don't need medical certificate after getting visa?

Hi Pk_Sajid1,

If you have already received your employment visa, your GAMCA medical test results have served their purpose. You do not have to worry about its validity now. After arriving, you would have to do another local medical test - giving blood samples, etc, at the government health centre in Darsait, before your resident card can be issued. Your employer will guide you on the procedures.

Hi all. My employer has given me Express visa which is valid for 21 days. They have booked my air ticket for 5th Feb, 2016 and my return ticket for 24th Feb, 2016. They further told that "since my medical certificate which was valid for 3 months has expired they have given me Express visa. I will have to again undergo medical test in Oman and they will change my express visa into employment visa. Also they have given me return air ticket for immigration purpose".

Now my question is whether I have to again come back to my home country (India) on 24th Feb, 2016 and then again wait for employment visa or whether during my stay in Muscat, Oman, they will give me employment visa within 21 days and there will be no need to come back to India (my home country)?

Hi xyz1984,

Visa transfers have been long stopped.

You would have to exit Oman, get a fresh visa issued and only then can you re-enter.

But, if your sponsor / employer can wield enough clout with the authorities, then then process can be simplified, or perhaps even be avoided.

Dear Mr. Sumitran, thanks for ur reply. But my employer told that they will change express visa into employment visa there is no need to come back to my home country. This is so because my medical report has expired.

So whether are they saying the fact? Can I rely on there words?

Please reply sir.